+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extension on Transcripts

Mary00003

Jan 17, 2024
Hello, I would appreciate any advice to my current situation.
I am currently applying for a study permit extension and restoration of status. I have been requested to submit my official up-to-date transcripts, proof of attendance and any diplomas obtained in the country. I would provide these documents but I cannot obtain them due to the remaining balance on my school account. They won't give me my transcripts under any circumstance and I am afraid my deadline to submit these documents Is Jan 23rd which is this Tuesday, so that puts me in a sticky situation. Is there any way I can email immigration to ask for a deadline to submit these documents? Immigration assumes I have already paid my tuition for last semester but there is still a remaining balance which I hope to clear soon but that's going to take a couple of business days to reflect on my account. Please help me, I don't know what to do, and I'm in desperate need of what to do, I feel like I'm drowning :(

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am currently applying for a study permit extension and restoration of status. I have been requested to submit my official up-to-date transcripts, proof of attendance and any diplomas obtained in the country. I would provide these documents but I cannot obtain them due to the remaining balance on my school account. They won't give me my transcripts under any circumstance and I am afraid my deadline to submit these documents Is Jan 23rd which is this Tuesday, so that puts me in a sticky situation. Is there any way I can email immigration to ask for a deadline to submit these documents? Immigration assumes I have already paid my tuition for last semester but there is still a remaining balance which I hope to clear soon but that's going to take a couple of business days to reflect on my account. Please help me, I don't know what to do, and I'm in desperate need of what to do, I feel like I'm drowning :(
So if you applied for restoration of status too then you let your study permit expire? You can ask for extension but IRCC may not honour the request. How long were you given to provide information? When did you last attend school?

Mary00003

Jan 17, 2024
So if you applied for restoration of status too then you let your study permit expire? You can ask for extension but IRCC may not honour the request. How long were you given to provide information? When did you last attend school?
Yes my study permit expired before due to the late submission of documents, and this was because they said submit before midnight, but I live in St. Catharines which means it would have to be before 7 pm. I am currently a student at Brock University in my 3rd year. I was given until January 23rd which is this Tuesday.
My sponsor (mum) can pay the amount required to obtain my school fees but this will take a couple business days to reflect and by the time I obtain them, the deadline would have passed
Immigration assumes I have paid the past semesters school fees so in their mind it should be easy to obtain these documents but that's not the case

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes my study permit expired before due to the late submission of documents, and this was because they said submit before midnight, but I live in St. Catharines which means it would have to be before 7 pm. I am currently a student at Brock University in my 3rd year. I was given until January 23rd which is this Tuesday.
My sponsor (mum) can pay the amount required to obtain my school fees but this will take a couple business days to reflect and by the time I obtain them, the deadline would have passed
Immigration assumes I have paid the past semesters school fees so in their mind it should be easy to obtain these documents but that's not the case
So you stopped studying when permit expired? When did it expire? Once it expired, you had to stop studying and working. IRCC uses UTC time so seems you applied to extend your permit too late. You can contact IRCC and ask for an extension but they can refuse it depending on how long they gave to you to submit additional documents. How can you show proof of attendance if you haven’t paid fees and your permit expired so you would have stopped studying. If it shows you were studying with out a permit then you will be in even more trouble.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/extend-study-permit/when-to-apply.html

If you apply after your permit expires, you can stay in Canada but may not continue to study until your status has been restored and you have received your new study permit.

Mary00003

Jan 17, 2024
So you stopped studying when permit expired? When did it expire? Once it expired, you had to stop studying and working. IRCC uses UTC time so seems you applied to extend your permit too late. You can contact IRCC and ask for an extension but they can refuse it depending on how long they gave to you to submit additional documents. How can you show proof of attendance if you haven’t paid fees and your permit expired so you would have stopped studying. If it shows you were studying with out a permit then you will be in even more trouble.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/extend-study-permit/when-to-apply.html

If you apply after your permit expires, you can stay in Canada but may not continue to study until your status has been restored and you have received your new study permit.
Yes, I stopped studying and working immediately when they sent the refusal letter. I need proof of attendance from the beginning of my course to whenever they sent the refusal letter, maybe they need proof I did not attend class during that time, I was attending class and working when my original application was in process which I'm sure I'm allowed to do, but immediately I got the refusal letter I stopped work and studying. They sent the letter of refusal on November 7th, then I reapplied on November 25th, then they got back to me on January 16th(yesterday) to submit the required documents by January 23rd, and now I'm here hoping they will give me an extension or hoping for a miracle

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can certainly send a web form to request an extension. It will ultimately be up to IRCC if that extension is granted and for how long. Submit the transcripts as soon as you can even if you haven't heard back from IRCC on the extension yet. Hopefully you're only planning on being a few days or a week or two late. Good luck.

Mary00003

Jan 17, 2024
You can certainly send a web form to request an extension. It will ultimately be up to IRCC if that extension is granted and for how long. Submit the transcripts as soon as you can even if you haven't heard back from IRCC on the extension yet. Hopefully you're only planning on being a few days or a week or two late. Good luck.
Yes latest I wanna say by the end of the month, I would have everything sorted for sure, I just need a little more time and everything will be fine I hope

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Ask for the extension and see what they say. The issue is that webforms take many days to review so an officer might not even read the request until after the 23rd.