+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extension of Visitor Status

rnbacchus

Jun 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My husband was issued a visitor record for 6 months, and it expires on January 23, 2010. He is a US citizen, so he is visa-exempt but he was given the visitor record by an IO after he was refused entry by another IO a few days earlier. The visitor record says that he is a frequent traveller to Canada and is married to a Canadian citizen.

My husband spends a fair amount of time in BC with me, as his employer allows him to telecommute 3-4 days per week. He maintains a residence in WA and travels to Seattle once per week to work in the office. We would like to put in an application to extend his visitor record for another 6 months, so he can continue to go back and forth while our PR application is processing.

We just want to ensure that we are submitting the correct application for this. Can anyone confirm that this is the correct form to use:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM1249E.PDF

I am unsure since he never actually applied for a TRV, being from a visa-exempt country.

Also, it states that the application can be made at the port of entry rather than sending it to Vegreville. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thank you!

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
That is the one I used. I'm US citizen and was given a leave by date when I crossed to do medical and submit my PR app in June.