+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extending visitor visa 2nd time when 1st approval is pending

kurtrules

Star Member
May 6, 2016
Hi,

My mother in law came to Canada on the 9th March, and owing to Covid-19 we thought it's best if we wait it out. I applied for her extension on the 20th July 2020, but there is no update to her application till date.

As the pandemic is still on going we want her to stay further. Now, the initial application sought extension for an additional 6 months i.e. till the 8th March. We are keen for her to stay beyond that, hence I wanted to apply for another extension. Is that possible? Or needed? If yes, how do I apply an extension for the 2nd time if the status for the 1st is still pending?

Responses appreciated!

Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

My mother in law came to Canada on the 9th March, and owing to Covid-19 we thought it's best if we wait it out. I applied for her extension on the 20th July 2020, but there is no update to her application till date.

As the pandemic is still on going we want her to stay further. Now, the initial application sought extension for an additional 6 months i.e. till the 8th March. We are keen for her to stay beyond that, hence I wanted to apply for another extension. Is that possible? Or needed? If yes, how do I apply an extension for the 2nd time if the status for the 1st is still pending?

Responses appreciated!

Thank you!
Wait until you know the results of the first extension before you apply for another extension.

It doesn't make sense to apply for another extension now.

Reactions: Buletruck

kurtrules

Star Member
May 6, 2016
The issue is that if the first extension does not come by the time she completes a year/or by the time requested in the application which was an extension for another 6 months from the date her status expires, than can she continue to stay in the country till the time that result comes?

MSVM

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
The issue is that if the first extension does not come by the time she completes a year/or by the time requested in the application which was an extension for another 6 months from the date her status expires, than can she continue to stay in the country till the time that result comes?
We are in exactly the same situation. 195 days since application already past and only 20 days left until the end of stay in initial application for extension of stay.
What is the right course of action not to fall out of status?

skeecandidate

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Hello,
Can any of you advise how long it is taking to get the hard copy of visitor record after approval message in the CIC account?

alexpolis007

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
apply only after you get a response for 1st application..

my 1st application was delayed.. they gave me an extra 2 months period.. all in all my dad's application got extended for 8 months the 1st time i applied...
so i think, if they are extending, they will make sure its to a date after they have made a decision..

alexpolis007

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
i am curious to know if somebody has extended visitor visa of parent for the 2nd time ? will it get approved ? can anyone here direct me to correct blog where i can research on 2nd time visitor visa extension applicants ?

kurtrules

Star Member
May 6, 2016
apply only after you get a response for 1st application..

my 1st application was delayed.. they gave me an extra 2 months period.. all in all my dad's application got extended for 8 months the 1st time i applied...
so i think, if they are extending, they will make sure its to a date after they have made a decision..
I got a response similar to yours. 2 months in addition to the 6 months asked for - so in total the extension was for 8 months.

Reactions: scylla