+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extending study permit

MohamedMustafa456789

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
I am currently taking my classes online in my home country and I am going to Canada after 2 weeks to renew my study permit, I know some people just do it from their home countries online but I've heard several cases of people getting a refusal with the reason being they are doing it online so far so there is no reason to come. However, I just want to be safe because getting the visa in the first place was the hardest part. So I am going to have my study permit renewed and then apply for the visa on the passport to be renewed as well so that I can go back home and continue doing online until I can go back on campus. My question is, on the website it says the processing time is 44 days approximately, is that a true approximation or can it take longer than that? What is the longest and fastest processing time you've heard of? How long does it take to have the visa printed after the study permit extension approval? (Its my first time renewing it)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am currently taking my classes online in my home country and I am going to Canada after 2 weeks to renew my study permit, I know some people just do it from their home countries online but I've heard several cases of people getting a refusal with the reason being they are doing it online so far so there is no reason to come. However, I just want to be safe because getting the visa in the first place was the hardest part. So I am going to have my study permit renewed and then apply for the visa on the passport to be renewed as well so that I can go back home and continue doing online until I can go back on campus. My question is, on the website it says the processing time is 44 days approximately, is that a true approximation or can it take longer than that? What is the longest and fastest processing time you've heard of? How long does it take to have the visa printed after the study permit extension approval? (Its my first time renewing it)
You should hear sometime next semester