+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extending my PR Card which expired a year ago.

Jun 10, 2014
My PR card was expired a year ago (June 2013), and I just completed the two year residency requirement for re-applying.

When I reentered Canada two years ago (June 2012) from the US (via car), I didn't satisfy the residency requirement but was allowed to enter as the PR card was still active. Since then, I have never been outside of Canada so as to satisfy the requirement.

About a year ago, an agency tricked me into applying to a new PR card (using the express service) even though I didn't satisfy the 2 year requirement back then. After a few weeks, I got an email from the immigration that my application was transferred to the local CIC office and it could cause further delay. After talking to that agency and finding out what was going on, I figured out they didn't submit almost any of my supporting documents and used inaccurate info. I was very upset and immediate faxed the immigration to cancel my application "due to personal reason." My application was cancelled - no harm done, but I am somewhat worried that this has a negative impact on my application that I am now trying to submit using the correct infos (would they match my application with the previously cancelled application that included incorrect info?)

I am planning to submit all the passport pages, Tax Returns for 2012, 2013, Statement from my Employer that I have been full time employee for 2 years, and copies of my IDs.

Could you kindly assess my chances? Thank you so much.

Mark