+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extended Family Member Re-Unite - imm0006e Question - Help needed - visiting with family

May 3, 2021
Hi,

We are a family of 4 (me, wife, 2 kids all with US PR's) and planning to visit my sister's family in Toronto. My sister is a Canadian PR. So, I believe, we are allowed under the Extended Family Re-unite category for which there is imm0006e form that needs submitted. The question however I have is, I was told we'd need to submit separate forms for each of my family member who is visiting. But, my sister is of relation to sister to me only(obviously, isn't it? LOL), but what do we mention as the relation for my wife and kids in the form as there isn't an appropriate one? I am not sure if selecting "sibling" will be acceptable or correct for all of us. Please advise.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

We are a family of 4 (me, wife, 2 kids all with US PR's) and planning to visit my sister's family in Toronto. My sister is a Canadian PR. So, I believe, we are allowed under the Extended Family Re-unite category for which there is imm0006e form that needs submitted. The question however I have is, I was told we'd need to submit separate forms for each of my family member who is visiting. But, my sister is of relation to sister to me only(obviously, isn't it? LOL), but what do we mention as the relation for my wife and kids in the form as there isn't an appropriate one? I am not sure if selecting "sibling" will be acceptable or correct for all of us. Please advise.
Your sister needs to ask for authorization to travel but your children and your spouse do not qualify to travel at the moment,

May 3, 2021
Really???!! I did see people mentioning here that they did travel with kids back in October where they first submitted the form for the main applicant and then submitted subsequently for kids.... but wasn't clear how

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Really???!! I did see people mentioning here that they did travel with kids back in October where they first submitted the form for the main applicant and then submitted subsequently for kids.... but wasn't clear how
Yes - that works if the children have extended relatives in Canada. Unfortunately your sister does not qualify as an extended relative to them and your wife (just to you).

Shabvjd

Dec 29, 2021
I am applying fir a tourist visa for my brother, i am confused between these two option
To unite with an extentended family member and the other option which is to visit a family member, can somone help me to clarify these two