+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extend visa Medical Exam Help Needed! Urgent!

seafay

Star Member
Mar 27, 2014
I applied the extension of my parents' visitor visa on Sep 28 online, and get a medical report form PDF letter on Nov 17 2016. It asked me to take the exam in 30 days. Then the next day I got another pdf letter online which is the in Canada approval letter. Due to some personal reasons I didn't do the research, and some days later I received the paper document, still didn't read carefully. Because I saw the case is closed and approved online, so I assume the CIC just approve the application and won't ask for the medical exam, which is a HUGE mistake.
Today when I discussed about this with my friends, and then I checked the document again, I noticed it's a conditional one which still requires the exam in 30 days, however it's almost 2 months from now, which is so late.

I have called the clinic and made the appointment, which is next week, however I want to check online and ask is anyone got the similar experience, is it helpful to take the medical exam now, or I have to reapply it or my parents have to leave Canada right away?

Thank you!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
As they failed to comply with the requirement for the medical, their status would have been cancelled.

seafay

Star Member
Mar 27, 2014
I called cic today and the agent told me the medical exam is prepared for their next visit. They only ask me to write the inquires and the officer will decide. They even don't want to look up the status of my application.

seafay

Star Member
Mar 27, 2014
canuck_in_uk said:
As they failed to comply with the requirement for the medical, their status would have been cancelled.
Sorry this might be wrong... I called them again. They said they won't cancel it. It might be a problem for next application or next entry to Canada, so I need to take the exam, and write an explanation letter, then it will be fine.
Thanks anyway.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
seafay said:
Sorry this might be wrong... I called them again. They said they won't cancel it. It might be a problem for next application or next entry to Canada, so I need to take the exam, and write an explanation letter, then it will be fine.
Thanks anyway.
Give it a shot. However, be aware that the Call Centre gives out incorrect information all the time.