+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extend PGWP due to passport expiry

ianchen

Jul 19, 2011
I sent my renew application at the end of June , and now it is almost 2 months, I am worried something wrong, I submit application form and payment receipt, and i do not think i need to submit bank statement or transcript from school since it is extension not apply for new one. I was wondering how can I find out if there is any problem , can I call them?

danishali

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
friend i have no idea about PGWP but i have heard that they are talking 68 days to review it...so hang in there..

Moreso, where are you... this is probably going to be my last term n i need info on applying for PGWP.. I would appreciate if you could help

ianchen

Jul 19, 2011
oh man, i hope it is not 68 day to review, that is horrible!!! my friend got renew within 1 month. Well for pgwp application is very easy, you can either mail it or doing it online. there is very clear guide on cic website.

Kaladze

Aug 6, 2011
Hi there

I'm wondering whether I will be eligible to apply for a work permit under PGWP program after completing my 2 year Electronics Engineering Technician – Computers diploma program at Seneca College, and later on whether or not will I meet educational requirements of CEC with that diploma?

Could you please clarify me about these cases asap??
Thanks for advice in advance

Kaladze

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ianchen said:
oh man, i hope it is not 68 day to review, that is horrible!!! my friend got renew within 1 month. Well for pgwp application is very easy, you can either mail it or doing it online. there is very clear guide on cic website.
If 68 days aren't enough, thn you better wait for 90 days !

There are thousands of application pending before Case Processing Centre, Vegreville, Alberta. All wants to enjoy Canadian Greener Pasture. Ofcourse, you shall get it done, but it shall take time.

Kaladze

Aug 6, 2011
enfield said:
If 68 days aren't enough, thn you better wait for 90 days !

There are thousands of application pending before Case Processing Centre, Vegreville, Alberta. All wants to enjoy Canadian Greener Pasture. Ofcourse, you shall get it done, but it shall take time.

Hello enfield
Excuse me if I'm becoming annoying, but could you put your oponions on my query as well, please?
Any inputs from all members would be greatly appriciated!

thanks

Kaladze

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kaladze said:
Hi there

I'm wondering whether I will be eligible to apply for a work permit under PGWP program after completing my 2 year Electronics Engineering Technician – Computers diploma program at Seneca College, and later on whether or not will I meet educational requirements of CEC with that diploma?

Could you please clarify me about these cases asap??
Thanks for advice in advance

Kaladze
I do not know if "Seneca" is a Public Post Secondary School or a Private institute.

As a general rule, if you successfully complete a 2 year course at any recognised "Post Secondary School", thn you are eligible for a 3 year PGWP.

In case of "Private Institution", ONLY FEW COURSES makes you eligible for PGWP (not all courses)

so you better check the status of Seneca ! ONLY FEW COURSES makes you eligible for PGWP (not all courses)

so you better check the status of Seneca !

Ottawa10

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
hi there,

I had the same issue. My PGWP got shortened due to my passport expiry date. I requested an extension of 2 yrs back in March and stupid me, I did it by mail. I submitted it on March 9, 2011 and I just got my PGWP in a mail this week. Current processing time is 150 day by mail and about 70 pays via internet. A friend of mine, who had the same issue as me. got his done online and his took about 2 months.

So don't need to sweat yet. Until you hear anything back from the immigration (either approved or not approved), you are entitled to stay in Canada and continue working using your old SIN so long as you prove to your employment that your application is in process.