+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Work Experience Calculation

countyboy

Mar 16, 2018
I have worked for a year in a company and then took one year masters and started working again under same NOC number for the past 2 years and 5 months. My first question is should I consider my first job? Is it considered a part of continuous work? Secondly, how many years should I mention as in Canada online tool, you have an option of " two to three years" and "four to five years". Which bracket am I falling? and do points differ for each one of them? Cause in cic.gs.ca website calculator tool gives three options for work experience. One year, two year and "three years and more". In the calculator , I choose "3 years and more " and get 478 in total, while I choose 2 years I get 453 points. In Canada tool online, to get my reference code, which option should I take? " two to three years" or " four to five years"?
Please help! it's urgent! thank you!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have worked for a year in a company and then took one year masters and started working again under same NOC number for the past 2 years and 5 months. My first question is should I consider my first job? Is it considered a part of continuous work? Secondly, how many years should I mention as in Canada online tool, you have an option of " two to three years" and "four to five years". Which bracket am I falling? and do points differ for each one of them? Cause in cic.gs.ca website calculator tool gives three options for work experience. One year, two year and "three years and more". In the calculator , I choose "3 years and more " and get 478 in total, while I choose 2 years I get 453 points. In Canada tool online, to get my reference code, which option should I take? " two to three years" or " four to five years"?
Please help! it's urgent! thank you!
1 - You can claim 3 years of work experience if you use your work experience before your master's. The continuity requirement is irrelevant as you already have more than a year of continuous work experience.
2 - Points under the six selection factors do differ from "2 to 3 years" to "4 to 5 years"
3 - Choose 2 to 3 years.

Reactions: countyboy

countyboy

Mar 16, 2018
1 - You can claim 3 years of work experience if you use your work experience before your master's. The continuity requirement is irrelevant as you already have more than a year of continuous work experience.
2 - Points under the six selection factors do differ from "2 to 3 years" to "4 to 5 years"
3 - Choose 2 to 3 years.
thanks for the response. then, as a follow-up, when is my score actually calculated? Is it calculated based on the information I filled in Canada Online tool or will it be calculated later? Cause I am really confused as my experience is more than 3 years, why should I choose "two to three years " option? Or does it not matter what I write in Canada Online tool?