+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry timescale question.....

big3_l

Apr 24, 2017
Good afternoon,

I am from the UK and have recently been accepted to apply for residancy to Canada through the latest express entry pool sweep.

I have a couple of questions and would appreciate your clarification........

# Once I completed and accepted the application on the website, how long do I have to get into Canada to receive the Visa?

# Once I have received the Residency Visa in Canada, how long do I have to live in Canada before the Residency Visa is revoked?

Thanks for your help in advance.

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
Hello,

I am assuming that you are currently outside of Canada (presumably UK).

Based on my understanding of the process, once you have a passport request (PPR) issued, that is indication of Canada wanting your passport to be submitted to the Visa Office (VO) indicated in your Application.

Once submitted to the VO, your passport is processed and you are issued a one-time entry Visa (COPR) to enter Canada.

The COPR is valid for 1 year from the date the Medical Examinations have been to have passed, thus you have that much time to enter Canada.

Once you enter Canada, I believe there is around a 1-2 month timeline within which the Permanent Residency Card is issued.

Finally, when you have your PR card, it is valid for a period of five years, and you must be in Canada for at least two out of those five years to be eligible to renew the same.

Note, the above is based on my understanding alone without consultation from any immigration/legal experts.

Also, all of the above is assuming you have completed/submitted your application/ medicals/ work experience letters/reqd. documents AFTER recieving the ITA (Invitaiton To Apply). I will leave it to the more experienced members of this forum(and those who have completed the whole process) to comment on further.

Best Regards
S.