+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry / Québec

Nickstar90

Oct 13, 2020
Hi there,

I'm about to apply for the Express entry and am confident to get sufficient points for an invitation to apply for permanent residency even without a provincial nominee program or a job offer.
Is it true that the only way to live and/or work in Quebec would be through Quebec's own nomination program?

(which seems to take a lot of time with 15 to 17 months indicated on the official website as compared to less than 6 months for other provinces - if I'm not mistaken)

Since I'm bilingual in French it seems strange to me that with a permanent residence obtained through the express entry I would not be allowed to live or work in Quebec...

Thanks a lot in advance :)

Nick

Kostas

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
25-09-2021
Apply for the express entry, land anywhere else than Québec and you can move anytime as it is your right as a permanent resident.
DO NOT GO for Québec's nomination program. To become a pr will take you around 3 years.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi there,

I'm about to apply for the Express entry and am confident to get sufficient points for an invitation to apply for permanent residency even without a provincial nominee program or a job offer.
Is it true that the only way to live and/or work in Quebec would be through Quebec's own nomination program?

(which seems to take a lot of time with 15 to 17 months indicated on the official website as compared to less than 6 months for other provinces - if I'm not mistaken)

Since I'm bilingual in French it seems strange to me that with a permanent residence obtained through the express entry I would not be allowed to live or work in Quebec...

Thanks a lot in advance :)

Nick
You can move to Quebec after you have landed in another province.

Reactions: Nickstar90