+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry: Offer of Employment

cao318

Apr 7, 2017
I am preparing the documents for my EE application. The "Offer of Employment" confuses me.

It says:You must provide a job offer letter from the employer who wants to hire you. It must be printed on company letterhead, and state that you will be employed permanently in Canada by that company. The letter must specify whether the job is:

for continuous, paid, full-time work (at least 30 hours a week),
for work that is permanent and not seasonal,
skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)
(Note – in most cases, the job offer must be for a permanent job. For some types of jobs, it has to be for at least one year.)

I have a level A job offer with 1 year full-time work contract that ends the end of this year. Is this OK? Since this description says must be permanent... I am not sure right now.

sam_dawkins

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
04-01-2017 (RCMP Criminal Record Check) Submitted 20-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
25-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2018
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
which category you are applying? CIC's definition of a valid job offer means the applicant's job offer is either supported by LMIA or the applicant have been working the company for the last one year under an open work permit.
If you do not satisfy this conditions then you would get any point for job offer.

cao318

Apr 7, 2017
sam_dawkins said:
which category you are applying? CIC's definition of a valid job offer means the applicant's job offer is either supported by LMIA or the applicant have been working the company for the last one year under an open work permit.
If you do not satisfy this conditions then you would get any point for job offer.
I am applying PR with a NOC Level A job and I already have 1 year work experience.

I think I have this option because I selected yes under the "intended work in Canada" column.

Once I change to "No" the system no longer requires me to upload this document.

Although I don't know if I need to state this change in my explanation letter.

sam_dawkins

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
25-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2018
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
did you receive ITA yet?
cao318 said:
I am applying PR with a NOC Level A job and I already have 1 year work experience.

I think I have this option because I selected yes under the "intended work in Canada" column.

Once I change to "No" the system no longer requires me to upload this document.

Although I don't know if I need to state this change in my explanation letter.

sam_dawkins

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
25-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2018
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
under which category you got your ITA? CEC or FSW? Do you have LMIA?
if you do not have LMIA then just upload your job offer letter that you got from your company. for CEC and FSW the most important thing is the work experience letter for which you are claiming points.

pz6688

Apr 14, 2017
cao318 said:
I am preparing the documents for my EE application. The "Offer of Employment" confuses me.

It says:You must provide a job offer letter from the employer who wants to hire you. It must be printed on company letterhead, and state that you will be employed permanently in Canada by that company. The letter must specify whether the job is:

for continuous, paid, full-time work (at least 30 hours a week),
for work that is permanent and not seasonal,
skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)
(Note – in most cases, the job offer must be for a permanent job. For some types of jobs, it has to be for at least one year.)
The system also asked me to provide an Offer Letter, which i didn't do LIMIA. I applied under CEC. I do have a job offer letter from my employer but it only indicates my job is permanent and works 37.5/week. It didn't mention my job description so can't specify if it's a skill type 0, A or B. Is that OK if I upload the offer letter? I have an employment letter which clearly described my role and responsibility for the NOC I used.

cao318

Apr 7, 2017
sam_dawkins said:
under which category you got your ITA? CEC or FSW? Do you have LMIA?
if you do not have LMIA then just upload your job offer letter that you got from your company. for CEC and FSW the most important thing is the work experience letter for which you are claiming points.
I apply under CEC without LMIA.

I don't have points from LMIA so guess it's fine although I choose differently for this "Intended Work in Canada" before and after I got ITA .

cao318

Apr 7, 2017
pz6688 said:
The system also asked me to provide an Offer Letter, which i didn't do LIMIA. I applied under CEC. I do have a job offer letter from my employer but it only indicates my job is permanent and works 37.5/week. It didn't mention my job description so can't specify if it's a skill type 0, A or B. Is that OK if I upload the offer letter? I have an employment letter which clearly described my role and responsibility for the NOC I used.
The system asks you for an offer letter because you said yes under intended work in Canada. If you change to no, this requirement will disappear.

pz6688

Apr 14, 2017
cao318 said:
The system asks you for an offer letter because you said yes under intended work in Canada. If you change to no, this requirement will disappear.
Thanks. I changed to "No" and it disappeared. Since this doesn't affect my total CRS score so I hope this will be fine with my application... this will be a change after I receive the ITA... I saw some other post suggests to write a letter of explanation to explain this change, I think that will be a good idea