AOR Received.
05-11-2015
Med's Done....
15-11-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
Hi,

Last week I got my ITA from Express Entry Pool. I have a few queries:
1. I have lived in 3 different cities in PUNJAB and HARYANA provinces during last 10 years. Do I need to get a PCC from Police Stations of EACH of these cities or a PCC from Passport Office (as far as I understand they will only authenticate my recent stay i.e. Mohali (Punjab)) will suffice?

2. I know PPF is NOT applicable as Proof of Funds, but can I show my EPF? It is of less than 5 Years duration but still if and when I leave my job (which I of course will before migrating to Canada :)) from the current company, I will have the option to Withdraw my whole PF (subject to Income Tax deductions as per prevailing rules) to my Bank Account.

3. Also, I have a ULIP which I can encash. Can that also be shown as Proof of Funds? If yes, what document can I produce because the ULIP issuing company will not give me valuation certificate or document. Will a Notarized self-declaration suffice?

Please share your inputs ASAP.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ravsun said:
Hi,

Last week I got my ITA from Express Entry Pool. I have a few queries:
1. I have lived in 3 different cities in PUNJAB and HARYANA provinces during last 10 years. Do I need to get a PCC from Police Stations of EACH of these cities or a PCC from Passport Office (as far as I understand they will only authenticate my recent stay i.e. Mohali (Punjab)) will suffice?

PCC is for the country. Follow CIC instructions for India. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/india.asp

2. I know PPF is NOT applicable as Proof of Funds, but can I show my EPF? It is of less than 5 Years duration but still if and when I leave my job (which I of course will before migrating to Canada :)) from the current company, I will have the option to Withdraw my whole PF (subject to Income Tax deductions as per prevailing rules) to my Bank Account.

3. Also, I have a ULIP which I can encash. Can that also be shown as Proof of Funds? If yes, what document can I produce because the ULIP issuing company will not give me valuation certificate or document. Will a Notarized self-declaration suffice?

Preferably funds in the bank as POF. Someone (rajkamalmohanram) did post that NDVO confirmed that one could use PF as POF but I'm not aware of any such confirmation about ULIP.

Please share your inputs ASAP.

ravsun

Aug 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2015
AOR Received.
05-11-2015
Med's Done....
15-11-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
Thanks a lot, Asivid. Your reply took me to a Post by rajkamalmohanram on Sep 9, 2:30:56 am. Ans as per him, EPF is allowed as PoF!!!