+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry clarifications

Kalaiyarasi

Oct 20, 2014
Hi,

I have 15 months work experience in Canada(through work permit) and I'm not in Canada now. I would like to apply PR in EE category next year.
What are the documents should be prepared from my side? Do I need a immigration consultant or it can be done by person easily?
When is the right time to search job in Canada to submit my application as early as possible in EE? DO I need ECA (Educational Credentials Assessment) as I'm planning to apply in experience category? If yes, where should I take this up. I'm graduated from Anna University affiliated college, Tamil Nadu. Thanks for your help in advance.

Thanks
Kalai

Oct 11, 2014
Kalaiyarasi said:
What are the documents should be prepared from my side? Do I need a immigration consultant or it can be done by person easily?
When is the right time to search job in Canada to submit my application as early as possible in EE? DO I need ECA (Educational Credentials Assessment) as I'm planning to apply in experience category? If yes, where should I take this up. I'm graduated from Anna University affiliated college, Tamil Nadu. Thanks for your help in advance.
The documents will still remain the same e.g ECA, IELTS, Police clearance certificate, Birth certificate, Reference letters. But, there is no clarity regarding proof of funds as of now. Having canadian work experience will certainly add points.

If you have done any professional qualification, then you should get your ECA done from the respective body. If you're a B.Com/B.Sc/B.A/B.Tech/BE/MBA/MCA/MA then you may get it done by WES (as it is somewhat quicker than others). Hope this answers your questions.

gmat

Nov 5, 2014
Hi,

The WES has a section FSWP Credential assessment. For the EE 2015, do we need to apply to WES for the FSWP program or any other mode? Do you know more information?

Regards

caththisking

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
Also not sure where will the current CEC program fits in EE and timelines and job requirements for the same.

Konkanasetty

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2013
AOR Received.
02-06-2013
Med's Request
03-01-2014
Med's Done....
02-08-2014(chest x-ray was pending due to pregnancy)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Got passport back with Visa Stamping on 17-Oct-2014
LANDED..........
17-0ct-2014
Is it possible to apply FSW for 2015 EE without Job offer.
Is Job offer mandatory to apply under FSW in 2015?

Lakuma

Sep 19, 2014
Canada PR under FSW under Express Entry.
I have searched online a lot.
But no where the eligibility criteria is mentioned.
It is supposed to be like Australian Process.
Australian process first one has to complete Skill assessment before EOI.
There is also a points based eligibility.
But It is not clear to Submit EOI under Express entry Canada what is the eligibility criteria and what is the assessment
Pl do enlighten me

Thanx
Lakuma

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Kalaiyarasi said:
I have 15 months work experience in Canada(through work permit) and I'm not in Canada now. I would like to apply PR in EE category next year.

Are you eligible under the CEC program now? If so, you should apply now - there's no guarantee that you'll be considered a high-priority applicant under the EE system. And we don't know whether there will be any major changes to the CEC program in the new year.

What are the documents should be prepared from my side?
Depends on the program, you see the CEC requirements here - keep in mind that these may change in January...
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/cec.asp

Do I need a immigration consultant or it can be done by person easily?
No, you don't need one. Whether it is easy or not depends on the individual, and some feel they benefit from having a consultant, but the application process is designed so that individuals can complete their own applications.

ECA is generally for FSW applicants, it's not clear if the EE will also use a point system, but it won't hurt if you get it done, and that - along with the language test - is something you can do now. You can get info on ECA here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

albertasun

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lakuma said:
Canada PR under FSW under Express Entry.
I have searched online a lot.
But no where the eligibility criteria is mentioned.
It is supposed to be like Australian Process.
Australian process first one has to complete Skill assessment before EOI.
There is also a points based eligibility.
But It is not clear to Submit EOI under Express entry Canada what is the eligibility criteria and what is the assessment
Pl do enlighten me

Thanx
Lakuma
I have some information about EE, it'd from one of my country's website. It's up to you to believe this or not.

So the criteria still remains unclear but the score will be total of 1200, which divided into 600+600. The first 600 is from a comprehensive background of applicants such as language ability, education, age, experience etc.. The other 600 is from a valid job offer(subject to lmia) or nomination letter.

Plus, if your job is one of the occupation list, you can apply without lmia while you must acquire lmia if your job is not on such list.

That's all I know for now.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Plus, if your job is one of the occupation list, you can apply without lmia while you must acquire lmia if your job is not on such list.
You cannot apply in any case. CIC will decide if to issue you an INVITATION to apply. And it depends on amount of points you get when you "express intention to apply" for PR.
So, my question is: according to your source^ Does your occupation from the list (without job offer) give you any points? If you have no job offer nor your occupation is on the "list" then what?

albertasun

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regina said:
You cannot apply in any case. CIC will decide if to issue you an INVITATION to apply. And it depends on amount of points you get when you "express intention to apply" for PR.
So, my question is: according to your source^ Does your occupation from the list (without job offer) give you any points? If you have no job offer nor your occupation is on the "list" then what?
If you have no job offer, you can't be invited. Isn't is kinda clear on the cic website? I have no further detail. Sorry if I confused you in any way.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have no job offer, you can't be invited. Isn't is kinda clear on the cic website
It is written NOWHERE on the CIC site.
You are COMPLETELY WRONG.

Read carefully:
Candidates with the highest scores, including those who have a valid job offer or a provincial/territorial nomination, will be invited to apply.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/employers/express-entry-spo-sheet.asp
"including" but not "ONLY THOSE with job offer"

Further they say:
You will receive an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence if you:

have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada (subject to the Labour Market Impact Assessment process in place at that time);
have been nominated by a province or territory; or
are among the top ranked in the pool based on your skills and experience.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Regina said:
It is written NOWHERE on the CIC site.
You are COMPLETELY WRONG.

Read carefully: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/employers/express-entry-spo-sheet.asp
"including" but not "ONLY THOSE with job offer"

Further they say:
You will receive an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence if you:

have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada (subject to the Labour Market Impact Assessment process in place at that time);
have been nominated by a province or territory; or
are among the top ranked in the pool based on your skills and experience.
Agreed @Regina.
CIC prioritize all EE applicants and put those with a job or nomination on the top. Then they will move to people lower in their rank and give them invitation. So people without a job might get invitations if quotas aren't met by then. How quickly the quota get used up? no one knows now.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
put those with a job or nomination on the top.
And not because they "just happen to get a job offer" but because an applicant will get additional points for having job offer. The same way as you get them now under current FSW system.
If an applicant will be able to get more points (Language, age, relatives in Canada, education) than a another applicant even with a job offer, the first one will be on the top.