+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry (CEC) while working for Quebec Employer

R0P0

Jun 27, 2022
Hello,
The situation is stressing me out.

I have 10 months of experience for an Ontario company (I was in Ontario at that time). Then I got a job in Quebec and started working for a company which is in Montreal. I have gained 2 months of experience in this company while staying in Quebec (I am in Quebec, right now).
Now as I have 12 months of experience. I am going to submit a profile under EE CEC.
I have the following queries:

1. Can I move to Ottawa and work remotely for the Quebec company? Can I show a letter from my company showing me working remotely forever from Ontario? Though the payroll will be from the Quebec office.
2. I already have OHIP(issued under my previous employer) and DL (G License) from Ontario. I will arrange a lease document as well. Is it enough to show intent to reside out of Quebec?
3. If I convince my employer to transfer me to the Ottawa office, what exact document would I need to prove the transfer?
4. If my employer denies. Is the situation mentioned in point number 1 recommended?

Please help!

raklukr

Star Member
Sep 1, 2021
Hello,
The situation is stressing me out.

I have 10 months of experience for an Ontario company (I was in Ontario at that time). Then I got a job in Quebec and started working for a company which is in Montreal. I have gained 2 months of experience in this company while staying in Quebec (I am in Quebec, right now).
Now as I have 12 months of experience. I am going to submit a profile under EE CEC.
I have the following queries:

1. Can I move to Ottawa and work remotely for the Quebec company? Can I show a letter from my company showing me working remotely forever from Ontario? Though the payroll will be from the Quebec office.
2. I already have OHIP(issued under my previous employer) and DL (G License) from Ontario. I will arrange a lease document as well. Is it enough to show intent to reside out of Quebec?
3. If I convince my employer to transfer me to the Ottawa office, what exact document would I need to prove the transfer?
4. If my employer denies. Is the situation mentioned in point number 1 recommended?

Please help!
Doing 1. will be adequate along with providing proof of physically living outside Quebec.