+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired work permit! Please help!

dunderheid

Mar 30, 2010
I was looking through my immigration papers today and noticed that my work permit expired yesterday. I do not want to go home! Does anyone have any advice that would be useful to me...maybe someone has been in this situation and could give me some suggestions. I tried contacting the call centre but they are closed until Monday. I would like to try and get something resolved before then so I can sleep at night!

Please help

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
dunderheid said:
I was looking through my immigration papers today and noticed that my work permit expired yesterday. I do not want to go home! Does anyone have any advice that would be useful to me...maybe someone has been in this situation and could give me some suggestions. I tried contacting the call centre but they are closed until Monday. I would like to try and get something resolved before then so I can sleep at night!

Please help

Does your NOC require a Labour Market Opinion? If you don't, you can submit a restoration of status and work permit; attach copy of a new contract or job offer from your current employer. Or you can apply for restoration and change of status to visitor if you need a LMO. You can do this within the 90 days after you lost your status.

dunderheid

Mar 30, 2010
Thanks! that is helpful.

C.I.C. ask for a reason for the late re-application. I don't really have an excuse other than I lost track of time. What bearing do you think that would have on them reissuing it?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
dunderheid said:
Thanks! that is helpful.

C.I.C. ask for a reason for the late re-application. I don't really have an excuse other than I lost track of time. What bearing do you think that would have on them reissuing it?
On the form there is a part where you can explain what happened why you lost your status.