+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired PR Card. Along with valid identifications.

booboo15

Nov 28, 2012
Hello Everyone...

I would like to get some advice on what I should do in my situation... :(

I need to renew my PR Card. But I do not have any valid identifications. They are all expired or lost.

I have lost my Landing Paper... I have applied for a Verification of Landing... But that has been taking away as well.

I have applied for PR in the past.. But it has been denied due to the identifications missing. I do still have my expired PR card along with my expired passport. I do have a valid American Visa... I did have a drivers licenses photo id. But that has been taken away from me. And the driver licenses facility WILL NOT provide me with even a paper license anymore for temporary.

I am definitely going through alot of stress.. Because i do not know what to do. I need a license to drive as my job and daily activities requires me to drive....

I'd like to try and re-apply for PR again. But not sure on how to do that. And in this case... I need it ASAP. As I have no valid id's.....

Someone please help me!!!!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have you gone to your embassy about renewing your expired passport?

booboo15

Nov 28, 2012
Hi Leon,

Yes. I have but they need proof of PR and Original landing papers.... Which I do not have. I only have a PR card that is expired. I would like to make another attempt to reply apply for PR. And this time show my American Visa which is still valid.... Is that considered a travel document...

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
booboo15,

1. What do you mean when you say documents have been taken away from you?

2. On what grounds did this happen and who has taken them away?

3. Is the expired passport you hold the one you used when you first became a PR?

booboo15

Nov 28, 2012
Hey Msafiri,

My drivers license which is the only primary photo identification that I had. Was taken from me by the police. I had lost my license and had to surrender it.

The passport that I had when I became a PR has been lost. Therefore I do not have my hands on the passport that I once came to Canada with... But my brother and mother has that passport with the stamp.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will have to make statutory declarations for your PR card renewal check the instruction guide it has all the details.

Submit copies of the passport you hold, that from your landing and notices of tax assessments. Also submit an employer letter and health records (check the site for your provincial health ministry it will say how you do this). This will support your application and covers the ID and Residency Obligation aspects.

A concern is why you lost your license as any criminality related issues may impact on PR renewal. Get some legal advice on how to get your license back.

You will likely be interviewed by the local CIC office.

Good luck

Mike_Thompson

Dec 6, 2012
Do you have any of those documents photocopied atleast? You will have an issue as the police took your Drivers License. If you want to discuss about some options, feel free to email me.