+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired permanent card

Apr 29, 2018
I have been a permanent resident for five years and I got hired as server at Calgary international airport and they allowed me for a temporary ID PASS to get inside. They only gave me temporary one because i only provided a receipt of my renewal application of my permanent card, and the authorities are now asking me to get a letter from immigration saying im legal to work in canada or a proof that my permanent resident is on process, if im not able to provide the letter or the proof on may 1st they wont give me an ID PASS to get inside. I have been trying to call the immigration and its hard to get an available agent, and also tried to email them. I did try to check my application status on the immigration site but its says cant be identified and there are three reasons why it cant be identify my application status it’s either because wrong information or they have received but still not on process or w

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
So when did you apply to renew ? You still have your expired card and you have a valid SIN ? I guess you even paid taxes as a PR last 5 years. Do you still have your COPR ?

Apr 29, 2018
So when did you apply to renew ? You still have your expired card and you have a valid SIN ? I guess you even paid taxes as a PR last 5 years. Do you still have your COPR ?
I mailed my application april 13th, i do have sin and my pr card with me. Yes i also file my taxes for last 5 years. Sorry im not sure what COPR Is? My employer that hired me as server couldn’t help me too. He’s short staff so he really needs me to work but couldn’t get in because they only gave a temporary ID pass.. the airport authorities wouldn’t give me unless I provide a letter from immigration or proof im legal to work. I dont get why they need my pr card so bad. I thought at first they just need a government ID issued to check my background so a passport probably would work, but they didn’t accept it aswell, i did also provide a reciept of my renewal application but it wasn’t accepted too. I also filled up an application form from the airport just exactly like the pr application, i wrote my 5 years activities history, my pr card number etc, but it’s marked as missing document because I don’t have a valid pr.