+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired Passport Request Letter

kenny9212001

May 7, 2022
Guys,
Just an update for you.
If your Original Passport Request Letter from IRCC expired, but not more than 15days, you can still submit it with your passport to VFS.
1-Just send a webform to IRCC and explain the reason for the delay.
2-Write a Cover Letter explaining the reason why the submission was delay.
3-Submit the Cover letter along with your Passport and expired Passport Request Letter to VFS/IRCC... Your Visa will be stamped.

I just did that myself.
Good Luck Guys

Reactions: yellowFlower

yellowFlower

May 7, 2022
Hi thank you so much. Do you have a format for the cover letter? My parents were in Canada when passport call came. Applied for virtual landing but no response now they are leaving to India. It's been 35 days since passport call. So planning to submit in India vac. Could you please share your cover letter? Thank you so much for help.

kenny9212001

May 7, 2022
Hi thank you so much. Do you have a format for the cover letter? My parents were in Canada when passport call came. Applied for virtual landing but no response now they are leaving to India. It's been 35 days since passport call. So planning to submit in India vac. Could you please share your cover letter? Thank you so much for help.
they can still accept it from you if the letter expired not more than 10days

Mar 7, 2024
Hi
I applied for visitor visa in Oct 2023 and my file got rejected in Sep 2023. I filled the web form and waited till yesterday.
Yesterday I called where informed that there was revise response on my file where officer asked for Passport request sent on 2 Nov 2023.
And I only got to know yesterday 6 March 2023.
Almost 2 months have been past,
I already did raise the web form, but it will take at least 28 days to response.
Can someone advise what should do next, Can I submit my passport with original letter.