+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired passport request letter - how to get a new one?

Kajari G

Mar 21, 2018
Hi everyone,
I need some help with an information.

I am from India and got a job offer with a Montreal company in July, 2017. By Sept they got my Quebec province LMIA and QCA approval. Then I submitted the online work permit application, and got the medical tests done as well. The approval message and 'passport request' letter came in 8th Dec, 2017. It said, if I don't get the passport stamping done from VFS by 8th Jan, the application may expire. Now (21st March - 4 months delay), I want to get that permit stamped on my passport. I called VFS office to inquire and they said the 'passport request' letter expires after a month and i need to get a fresh one from the consulate.

Due to some personal reasons I couldn't get the stamping done on time. But, now I am ready to travel asap and join the job.

My questions are: (a) How to check if the permit has actually expired (b) If it expires, what is the procedure to get a fresh one? Will it be an application from scratch again along with getting LMIA approval? (c) What would be the best way to get my passport stamped with the Dec work permit asap, if at all possible.

From my side, I have emailed Delhi consulate office (delhi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca) and filled up a IRCC case-specific web form on the consulate website. But, i have heard it can take months to get a reply. There is no phone call option.

Thanks for your help!
KG

Reactions: deepjotsingh17

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Just for clarity did you think to email anyone between Dec 8 and Jan 8 to ask for an extension the moment you knew you would not be able to meet the Jan 8 date ? So basically whilst the PPR request was still valid.

Kajari G

Mar 21, 2018
Hi,
No I didn't email consulate before Jan 8, 2018. I emailed only last week. The situation was such, i had to drop the relocation plan in between, and only recently things changed and I am in a position to go for this again.

Thanks!

Just for clarity did you think to email anyone between Dec 8 and Jan 8 to ask for an extension the moment you knew you would not be able to meet the Jan 8 date ? So basically whilst the PPR request was still valid.

Poem

Aug 5, 2019
Hi I do have same situation, just that mine was spousal PR now can anyone please reply what needs to be done and how to go about it

malwinder1994

Mar 22, 2022
Hi I do have same situation, just that mine was spousal PR now can anyone please reply what needs to be done and how to go about it
Hi , im also in the same scenario, my spousal PR passport request letter got expired and I do not know what to do . Can you plz help me ?
+14169519954 is my contact number

can we both talk . Can you plz guide me what you did to renew that letter ? Asap plz

LN Heea

May 10, 2022
Hello, I am in the exact same situation as yours, did you get this resolved? I need some URGENT help about this.

vinitaserrao

Oct 22, 2022
Hi , im also in the same scenario, my spousal PR passport request letter got expired and I do not know what to do . Can you plz help me ?
+14169519954 is my contact number

can we both talk . Can you plz guide me what you did to renew that letter ? Asap plz
Did you'll find any alternative.im also into same situation

JustCurious

Nov 25, 2022
Hey! Can anyone please provide an update? Were you able to get a new passport request letter? I am in the similar situation where my passport request letter is expired 5 days ago. Any useful information would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Feb 7, 2023
Hi everyone, I would like to seek some advise, due to some personal reason, the request passport letter was expired and I need to ask for a new passport letter, is anybody have experience requesting a passport letter, could you help me or direct me on how to do so. Appreciate for the answers. Thanks you

DooTer

Mar 11, 2020
HI everyone,
I am in a bad situation!
I got this letter from IRCC, asking me to update my contact details which I did. I also used the opportunity to add my new baby to the pr application.

I noticed that the application got stocked so I raised webform to ask what was going on, the reply said my application was still being processed and I will be contacted if additional documents are required, this happened twice.

Since I felt something wasn't right, I went back to the document again and noticed that I was asked to send my passport which is now 8months. I thought passport submission letter will come as passport submission letter but it seems to have been it.

What can I do? How do I get new passport request letter?