+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired CoPR | H1B visa holder

Milehighguy

Feb 19, 2020
Hello Community,
Me and my wife have our CoPR expired in April 2020. Because of Covid we decided to postpone our plans to visit Canada to finalize our PR. I have few questions about how we I can enter the PR process completed and return to US.
1. I had mailed IRCC about the expiry of CoPR and that I wont be able to make it before the expiry, they replied saying that whenever we are ready I can email them. What happens now ? Can I email them showing intent to enter Canada ?
2. What should I be ready with after I contact them ?
3. Are there any steps that needs to be taken before planning to enter Canada ?
4. I am not ready to move to Canada permanently yet, is that ok ?
5. Are there any covid restrictions in place which would prevent me from entering unless I move permanently ?
6. My Passport expires in March 2021, can I give this reason to further buy some time ? My visa stamp is good until March 2021 and valid I797.

Anyone recently been to Canada and came back immediately with expired CoPR ? Please help.

Thank you.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Email them when you're ready to travel. You will need to draw up your goods lists and quarantine plan, and move with the intent to settle permanently.

Milehighguy

Feb 19, 2020
Email them when you're ready to travel. You will need to draw up your goods lists and quarantine plan, and move with the intent to settle permanently.
Thank you for your response. Do IRCC have a set time limit during which I have to move to Canada ? Meaning, during this Covid situation does IRCC require the expired CoPR holder to email them and share their plans for moving to Canada ? I still have some pending items that needs to be finished before I can move to Canada for good.

Thanks