+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired CoPR for my child

nag

Jan 31, 2011
Hi there, my child CoPR expired on May 21st 2022. We could not bring her due to travel restrictions and personal issues.

Since then I filled webforms, once on Aug and one in Oct. IRCC agents responded generic on Sep and Jan. But no further action taken on my request.

Detail on webform provided as Primary applicant: Child detail and Enquirer: my detail as sponsor

I am feeling helpless to get proper information / right direction to bring my daughter. Can someone please help me.

Thanks a ton guys

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi there, my child CoPR expired on May 21st 2022. We could not bring her due to travel restrictions and personal issues.

Since then I filled webforms, once on Aug and one in Oct. IRCC agents responded generic on Sep and Jan. But no further action taken on my request.

Detail on webform provided as Primary applicant: Child detail and Enquirer: my detail as sponsor

I am feeling helpless to get proper information / right direction to bring my daughter. Can someone please help me.

Thanks a ton guys
Generally speaking, COPRs cannot be extended. Was this a dependent child sponsorship application? You may need to reapply from scratch. COPR holders were exempt from any travel restrictions. Are you in Canada now?

Reactions: YVR123

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

Thanks a ton guys
You can try your MP's office to see if there is a way to get a concrete answer - but as per @scylla, you may have to reapply (so get started now).

YOu can also apply for TRV for child so that the daughter can come, but be aware of health care/insurance issues.

nag

Jan 31, 2011
Generally speaking, COPRs cannot be extended. Was this a dependent child sponsorship application? You may need to reapply from scratch. COPR holders were exempt from any travel restrictions. Are you in Canada now?
This was dependent child added to spousal application. My wife landed in March 2022 with a lot of travel confusion. So we don’t risk the child travel. Now it’s getting too late with no response from IRCC. Yes, we are in Canada now. But our child is in India.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
This was dependent child added to spousal application. My wife landed in March 2022 with a lot of travel confusion. So we don’t risk the child travel. Now it’s getting too late with no response from IRCC. Yes, we are in Canada now. But our child is in India.
The most probable default is that since one family member landed and the other did not, that the 'app' for that family member - the child - has been abandoned. Most likely is you will have to apply anew for the child. You're probably wasting time by not just doing so.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The COPR expired without the child landing. Unfortunately COPRs cannot be extended. You need to submit a new application to sponsor the child.