+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

experienced advise please

student2016

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Hello,
I am applying for the Single entry visa from Dubai. I am pursuing Masters in Applied Finance from university of Wollongong in Dubai. I want to meet my sister in Canada this Christmas who is a PR. I want to visit her for two weeks. I will return to dubai to attend my exams in Jan 2017. I will provide a letter from my university and all the necessary documents from my sister. I will show approx $ 23000 Cad in my bank accounts ( 18000 CAD in my home country's account and $ 5000 CAD in my Dubai's account) as my POF. I have also paid for my next semester which I will attend after returning to Dubai.

What are my chances for the approval?

Coffee1981

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
Probably pretty good, actually. The fact you have your classes to return to after your visit is a very good sign. If you had made the same application after graduation and you didn't yet have a job you'd probably be refused for lack of ties. As it is, I'd say you have an excellent chance.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
There is no guarantee you will be approved, as as you are studying in a different country other than your country of origin. It is usually harder for applicants outside their country of origin as ties outside of Canada are not as compelling, and there is a willingness to move out of one's home country.

Our opinions ultimately won't matter, just the visa officer's.

student2016

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Thanks and one more thing is I just want to show a solid intention to leave Canada after my visit so that's why I am showing that I have my exams on Jan 9 and Jan 11 in the year 2017. I am showing my intentions to visit my sister during Christmas and new year from Dec 15 till DEC 31. If I will get the visa I will go after my exams during my semester break between Jan 16 till Feb 5 2017.
Is this OK to apply now because I have a solid ground for Christmas and new year?? or visa officer may think that why I want to visit now during my studies.
Probably pretty good, actually. The fact you have your classes to return to after your visit is a very good sign. If you had made the same application after graduation and you didn't yet have a job you'd probably be refused for lack of ties. As it is, I'd say you have an excellent chance.
[/quote]