+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experience document that are required for Canadian Experience Class

ajay123

Oct 11, 2008
Hi,

I am planning to apply for Canadian Immigration under the Canadian Experience Class. I went through the document checklist and found that I have to submit a document that would prove the number of hours of work I do per week. Unfortunately, I don't have any document that has this information.
But I do have a document that mentions that I am a FULL TIME employee of the company.
Can anybody suggest if this document if OK as an alternative to number of hours of work document?

Also most of the documents that I have (to prove my Work Experience) are scanned PDF documents.

Can anybody suggest if computer printout of Work Experience documents is acceptable for the Canadian Experience Class? (Although the document checklist suggests for submitting ORIGINAL work experience documents)

Cheers,

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can you get a letter from the company stating your hours? Can you show pay stubs that show your ours? If not, maybe the full time letter is enough. Call CIC and ask.

ajay123

Oct 11, 2008
Thanks Leon for your reply. Unfortunately I cannot get any letter from my employer that would state the number of hours of work I do per week. Also I checked my salary slip. Even that do not have that information. I will talk to CIC on this.

Also can you tell me if computer print outs of scanned Work experience document is acceptable?

Cheers

LCS

May 5, 2005
If you have a document that says you are a "full time" employee, it is assumed that your hours are 37 1/2 hours ( a 7.5 hour day) or 40 hours ( an 8 hour day) worked each week by most work standards. If you were part time, then proving the specific hours would be more important to show just how much you are working.

I don't know the answer to your question on the scanned documents versus absolute originals.