+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Excluded family class - non-accompanying spouse medical from previous Express entry application

iamsadtoday

Feb 3, 2024
Hello All,

My spouse recently got AOR along with my daughter for spousal sponsorship. I previously became PR in September 2022 with spouse and children listed as non-accompanying dependents.

In the spousal tracker of my wife, I can see my old express entry application too, with herself listed as dependent. But one thing concerns me, we had re-medical in July 2022, so mine and my daughter medical is showing valid upto July 2023, while my spouse re-medical is showing the result of old medical even though she got the re-medical too with us on the same day. Even the tracker shows the following updates:

Jul 20, 2022: Medical exam status has been updated to Completed

Jun 28, 2022: Medical exam status has been updated to In progress

Jun 28, 2022: We sent you a request to complete a medical exam. Read the message for more details.

Coincidently, her previous medical was expiring on July 20, 2022 as well. Despite above statys updates being made, the IME report number reflects the test undertaken in 2021. Not sure whats happening.

In my express entry medical status was passed one week after all of us got the medical test and my PR got approved as well two months later, so not sure if its a glitch that only for my spouse the updated IME number is not showing. For both myself and daughter, the new IME number can be seen even though we all went to get the medical together. In my EE profile, detailed information such as IME numbers and medical validity dates were not available so I noted this only now when my wife created account spousal tracker.

Could IRCC now claim that since her medical was not valid at the time of my PR was approved she is now an excluded family member even though no additional request or correspondence was raised with me at that time if there was an issue and they even passed the medical?

Anyone faced similar issue?