+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ex defence migration

abhib85

Nov 3, 2020
Hello Team,
I had served Indian Air Force for 10 years and currently working in IT sector since 4 years. So can I migrate to Canada. Can I apply for Pr

Thanks in advance
Abhi

abhib85

Nov 3, 2020
Hello Team,
My query is I had served Indian Air Force for 10 years and currently working in IT sector since 3.7 years. .
I have done Bachelors Degree in Computer Application through Distance Education mode from ICFAI university Tripura and my experience in relevance to my degree is 3.7 yrs
My Defense experience is not relevant to my Degree.
I consulted one immigration consultant for Canada PR . They responded me saying that defense personnel or ex Defense personnel are not accepted in Canada and their PR is not considered..

Hence I would like to know that apart from regular PR procedures does my PR application will be processed /taken into consideration If I have Defense experience and A distance degree.

Means I would like to know that does Canada accepts people from defense background experience from other countries ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Team,
My query is I had served Indian Air Force for 10 years and currently working in IT sector since 3.7 years. .
I have done Bachelors Degree in Computer Application through Distance Education mode from ICFAI university Tripura and my experience in relevance to my degree is 3.7 yrs
I consulted one immigration consultant for Canada PR . They responded me saying that defense personnel or ex Defense personnel are not accepted in Canada and their PR is not considered..

Hence I would like to know that apart from regular PR procedures does my PR application will be processed /taken into consideration If I have Defense experience and A distance degree.

Means I would like to know that does Canada accepts people from defense background experience from other countries ?
You can be accepted but you need to go through police checks. I assume you are over 30 and with a bachelor degree, you will not have near enough points.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Hello Team,

There is no barrier to immigrate just because you served in the military. There likely will be extra scrutiny of your application, but nothing specific to prevent you from having a successful application.