+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Evidence of Corruption+do I sit on it or open my mouth??

thaihubbie

Sep 6, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2010
File Transfer...
29-01-11
Med's Done....
12-11-2010
Passport Req..
29-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2011
I have mentioned a story on a previous thread about a Mongolian friend of mine whose brother has been living illegally in the US for 12 years. He just missed his chance of getting a green card by a thread because his mother was on her death bed asking for him here in Ulaanbaatar. His pregnant wife and their daughter are waiting for him in the US. After returning to Mongolia with his new Mongolian passport that he applied for and received while living in the US he applied for a Tourist Visa to Canada and was granted one on the first try!! How did that work.... . First he created a fake agricultural company in Mongolia, had it approved by some rogue Mongolian government ministry, then it was notarized by the Canadian Consul here with a letter stating it was all true because he's friends with the Mongolian staff working at the Canadian Consul, then he went to Beijing where it was automatically approved, he flies to Vancouver next week and is trying to figure out how he can cross the border illegally back into the USA to reunite with his wife.
Why do I care?? Why should we all care?? Because the rest of us are all paying the price for this type of injustice and unfairness that is going on!!!
What would you do if you were me and your parents still hadn't met your husband after more than 3 years?? Just keep plodding away at this while some Mongolians I know are laughing their heads off at me... .!!!! Of course people are getting through illegally and that will never stop BUT why is it so difficult for a Canadian Citizen to bring her Spouse and child who has a Canadian passport into Canada???

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
thaihubbie said:
After eturning to Mongolia with his new Mongolian passport that he applied for and received while living in the US he applied for a Tourist Visa to Canada and was granted one on the first try!! How did that work.... . First he created a fake agricultural company in Mongolia, had it approved by some rogue Mongolian government ministry, then it was notarized by the Canadian Consul here with a letter stating it was all true because he's friends with the Mongolian staff working at the Canadian Consul, then he went to Beijing where it was automatically approved, he flies to Vancouver next week and is trying to figure out how he can cross the border illegally back into the USA to reunite with his wife.
It's possible that all the corruption occurred in the Mongolian gov't. Could be the Canadian Consulate notarizes documents like this fairly easily - if what he had from the Mongolian gov't looked legit, then maybe the Canaidan Consulate doesn't do much checking.

You could write an letter of complaint to CIC or the gov't minister responsible for it, detailing the facts. Usually they'd want your name, or else a lot of details. I don't know about signing my name to this type of letter at the beginning of my stay in a corrupt country, especially when you want visas for your husband.

You could screw up the brother's plans by informing CIC/Border Services/Customs' in Vancouver - an anonymous tip to them that a Mongolian (you'd need to supply his name) is going to be entering on x date, but is not going to stay in Canada and will be trying to enter the USA illegally, may be enough to make them at least grill the man on where he is going and what he is planning to do in Canada. If the border agents are not satisfied with his answers, they can refuse to let him enter Canada.
However, he's the brother of a friend, and he just wants to go back to his family, so maybe you don't want to do that.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Life is sometimes way too unfair to many of us. It's very frustrating and exhausting at times to face the hardships of CIC and their long lists of processing.

Would you have liked if someone had done this to you when your primary reason for doing it was to reunite with your family?

Perhaps you do or don't know what the man is going through emotionally and mentally in this situation being apart from his family. If he were doing this illegal business for something other then trying to be with his family, then I would have probably sell him out to the authorities. But again, WHY?

You will only gain justice and some satisfaction by doing it but society in the whole wouldn't.

Canadianwoman is also correct, you really should consider this seeing your current situation trying to get your husband over to Canada.

Remember, what you do not want for yourself you shouldn't want for others.

Destiny will play out it's role for both your family and your friend's family.

Just let it be!

Halifax-Maple

Star Member
Jul 19, 2009
thaihubbie

I am trying to help (sincerely) though you may take my effort to the wrong direction. It seems that you have a personal issue with the Mongolian candidate. Ask yourself these:
1) Do you have to settle a personal score with the Mongolians?
2)) Does it really help your case, your husband immigration case, if you go and report someone else?
3) Every system in the world has its pros and cons, has its flaws. So corruption can take place anywhere in the world. But being Cnd citizen and having a child who is Cnd citizen too....then there must be a strong and genuine reason as to why you are unable to speed your own application. Do you think the Mongolian government or consul are behind the delay in your husband's application?
4) how could you get into the details of the Mongolian affair? Either it is a word of mouth which can turn into false rumours? or you have been involved personally?

Again, I am trying to help. believe it or not.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
She knows the details because the brother's sister - her friend - told her.
I really sympathize. Constant delays and problems in getting a Canadian visa for your husband, and yet someone else easily gets one illegally by bribing someone. It's the same for me with my husband's application in Accra, Ghana. He can't get a visa to Canada, but one of his friends got a visa to Canada by bribing someone - the husband of someone who works at the embassy. I'm tempted to report it, but I don't want to hurt my husband's friend. Plus I don't know enough of the details.

On the other hand, if no one complains, or is scared to say anything because it might hurt their own chances for a visa, the corruption gets worse and worse.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
It is very difficult to maintain perspective when we have done nothing wrong and we feel like the officials at CIC lay awake at night trying to find reasons to delay our processing and keep us from being the family we should be able to be without this huge hassle. And then in that context you hear about someone, who for good reason or not, is deliberately trying to deceive . . . and they (usually) get away with it . . . and it's really hard to take. But we have two choices - we can let it get to us, we can let bitterness and envy and anger get the best of us so that we carry around all that garbage OR we can trust that our time will come and we'll be able to celebrate it in good conscience because we fought a fair fight and did things honestly. I know sometimes it seems that the good guys finish last - but at least we can look in the mirror.

I've had a huge struggle over this for the past few years - and for good reason. Anyone who knows our story will probably agree that what CIC has put us through defies reason. But I was reminded of something this past week that made an impression on me. When we hold on to all that stuff, it's like dragging around three or four trash bags full of garbage. Imagine, taking full bags of garbage with you to bed at night, or out to dinner, or to church or a friend's house. And imagine what is attracted to that garbage . . . we drag that stuff around behind us and soon we'll realize we're also dragging around every "rat" within smelling distance. We don't need that type of influence following us around - mucking up our lives and our plans. Let the garbage go - as justified as we are to be angry and resentful, it only hurts us in the long run and life is too short.

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
RobsLuv said:
It is very difficult to maintain perspective when we have done nothing wrong and we feel like the officials at CIC lay awake at night trying to find reasons to delay our processing and keep us from being the family we should be able to be without this huge hassle. And then in that context you hear about someone, who for good reason or not, is deliberately trying to deceive . . . and they (usually) get away with it . . . and it's really hard to take. But we have two choices - we can let it get to us, we can let bitterness and envy and anger get the best of us so that we carry around all that garbage OR we can trust that our time will come and we'll be able to celebrate it in good conscience because we fought a fair fight and did things honestly. I know sometimes it seems that the good guys finish last - but at least we can look in the mirror.

I've had a huge struggle over this for the past few years - and for good reason. Anyone who knows our story will probably agree that what CIC has put us through defies reason. But I was reminded of something this past week that made an impression on me. When we hold on to all that stuff, it's like dragging around three or four trash bags full of garbage. Imagine, taking full bags of garbage with you to bed at night, or out to dinner, or to church or a friend's house. And imagine what is attracted to that garbage . . . we drag that stuff around behind us and soon we'll realize we're also dragging around every "rat" within smelling distance. We don't need that type of influence following us around - mucking up our lives and our plans. Let the garbage go - as justified as we are to be angry and resentful, it only hurts us in the long run and life is too short.
wow thank you for sharing that message in this way! that resinats with me...will keep that picture in mind thank you!

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
i have a close friend who married a russian woman, she had a seven year old child at the time, he was paid $20,000.00 to marry her for immigration purposes, he never knew her before and has never lived with her, he waited about a year and then divorced

he is very very gay.....never had anything to do with her but was happy to have been able to help her immigrate as her parents lived her...i'm sure he was happy with the $20,000 also lol

i was alot of times angry when we were refused knowing first hand that people do get in with ease and we were having such a hard time

they say there is a reason for everything and even though at the time things are painful and we can't see the reasons why....in the scheme of things all works out just the way it should

best of luck to everyone

Halifax-Maple

Star Member
Jul 19, 2009
RobsLuv said:

Rob

I love your comment here. I will keep my own copy of it.
I pray for you. You deserve all the best Rob

thaihubbie

Sep 6, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2010
File Transfer...
29-01-11
Med's Done....
12-11-2010
Passport Req..
29-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2011
Dear Forum,
rest assured I will not do anything to undermine my friend's brother of getting to his pregnant wife and child across the border in the US. Hurting him will not help my family. As far as giving him advice of 'how to' cross illegally over the border I have no idea and like RobsLuvs put so eloquently it is just more garbage for me to carry around.

Corruption is only corruption if it's not helping us, isn't it? That is the problem though..... .