+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Evidence - combined or separate?

B

buddhadimple

Common-Law Application

We've noticed on the application that the "Application to Sponsor" and the "Immigrant Application" both require evidence that the relationship is genuine. Is it okay to duplicate photos, letters, etc. and use the same ones, or are we missing something here?

Thanks!

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
I just finished typing this in another thread...so I'll C&P it for you. There are lots of different approaches to this I'm sure. Go with what makes the most sense to you and just keep your reader in mind. We actually wrote ours together and referred to it as our "relationship chronology". We made a hand written timeline and inserted dates and places that we remembered (and had supporting documents for). It is pretty clear that we both worked on it as there are two sets of handwriting. Then we typed our story based on the timeline and inserted photos with captions into the Word document. It was the most fun part of putting together our application, and we submitted both the timeline and the Word document as evidence. It was not a problem.

Hope this helps. Allison

diddagirl

Star Member
Aug 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi buddha,

What I did with my application was basically break it into 3 sections
1) Sponsors Application
2) Principle Applicant Application
3) Supporting documents

All the forms that are required to be filled out by the sponsor plus the sponsors birth certificate etc... were included in the sponsor section (complete with title page and its own contents page)

All the principle applicant forms plus proof of passport, police certificates etc.. were included in the principle applicant section (also complete with its own title page and contents page)

Finally, the 3rd section had all the supporting documents, proving the relationship, maintaining contact etc..
Things like copy of the lease, statutory declaration of common law, plane tickets, photos etc... This section also had its own title page/table of contents.

Hope this makes sense- I found it made the application REALLY straight forward, organized and easy for the IO to find what they needed.

Good luck!

journeyman

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2010
AOR Received.
22-07-2010
File Transfer...
25-05-2010
Med's Done....
19-02-2010
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2010
LANDED..........
12-10-2010
Hi Buddha,

I basically followed the exact same structure as diddagirl. For the supporting documents in pt. 3, I separated them into 2 separate manila envelopes, one for cards, photos, phone/IM/email records and one for financial record proof.

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
diddagirl said:
Hi buddha,

What I did with my application was basically break it into 3 sections
1) Sponsors Application
2) Principle Applicant Application
3) Supporting documents

All the forms that are required to be filled out by the sponsor plus the sponsors birth certificate etc... were included in the sponsor section (complete with title page and its own contents page)

All the principle applicant forms plus proof of passport, police certificates etc.. were included in the principle applicant section (also complete with its own title page and contents page)

Finally, the 3rd section had all the supporting documents, proving the relationship, maintaining contact etc..
Things like copy of the lease, statutory declaration of common law, plane tickets, photos etc... This section also had its own title page/table of contents.

Hope this makes sense- I found it made the application REALLY straight forward, organized and easy for the IO to find what they needed.

Good luck!
We did the same thing. Followed the document checklist for each part and then at the end supporting documents - I provided a list of what all the documents were - like an index.

britincanada

Apr 15, 2010
Hamilton Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2010
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
31-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-03-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2010
LANDED..........
29-09-2010
I did pretty Much the same except I broke ours down into 10 Sections,
1) Sponsors Application plus documentation
2) Applicants Application plus documentation and Supporting Documentation that pertains to both Sponsor and Applicant
3) Documents to prove our relationship for 2005
4) Documents to prove our relationship for 2006
5) Documents to prove our relationship for 2007
6) Documents to prove our relationship for 2008
7) Documents to prove our relationship for 2009
8) Documents to prove our relationship for 2010
9) Documents to prove our relationship - Wedding
10) Photographs to prove our relationship including wedding photographs

We have been together for almost 5 years now. So we have quite a lot to give the IO

What I did was give a long answer to Q9 for the applicants Questionnaire and foot noted it My husband also wrote his own version of our relationship and how he felt about situations that have occurred in our relationship and it was also foot noted. We also wrote a letter to the IO each describing our financial situations and a summery of our relationship/past relationship - My Husband was married and has 2 children and I was Engaged..

It is easy to get lost with it all so I would say organize it in a logical way that makes sense to you then explain to the IO on a cover letter how you have organized your application.

Good Luck with it all..oh I also Duplicated My Husbands documents (my sponsor) and put them in an envelope just in-case the sponsorship documents stay in Canada when My Application goes to London England as they pertain to my answer to Q9 in the applicants Spousal Questionnaire.

B

buddhadimple

Thanks guys, that's super helpful! We're seeing in some parts of the Application to Sponsor as well as the Immigrant's Application that they're asking for the same thing. So we're thinking, "Do we have to submit all this stuff twice?"

AlanWales

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Wales
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-09
File Transfer...
04-08-09
Med's Done....
15-06-09
Interview........
Not required.
Passport Req..
12-11-09
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-09
LANDED..........
09-01-10
No, once is enough, even though they do replicate questions. The whole application is sent after the sponsorship part is cleared, so both offices see everything anyway.

britincanada

Apr 15, 2010
Hamilton Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2010
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
31-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-03-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2010
LANDED..........
29-09-2010
AlanWales.. I am so glad to hear that..after reading that the majority of people separate all of their application I was worried that the sponsors application will stay in Canada!! Many parts of our Application are combined especially supporting Documents! I put in an envelope of duplicated documents pertaining to my husband (sponsor) just in-case it didn't all go to England! And wrote a note..the IO that opens mine is going to think I am paranoid lol :)