+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eu activity - Living in Canada - Tax question

DIANOUP

Mar 4, 2016
Hi all,

I allow myself to come in here to ask a question as it is kind of difficult to find an answer.

Here is the project: I will be selling some goods on Ebay in the EU (France, Germany, UK, Italy) but I will not own physically the goods. Thus, once I sell something, I will buy it to one of my supplier, who will send it directly to my customer. (I will buy in the EU and sell in the EU, so nothing is related to Canada at all).

As this activity can be performed anywhere, I do not need to be physically in the EU.

Nowadays, I am based in Canada, I am working there in a company, I receive a salary for that and I pay my taxes like any typical worker. Thus, the project I have just mentioned is an additional activity.

Now, as this additional activity is totally offshore (as I have just said, nothing is related to Canada), I just wonder if I have to pay taxes on this activity to Canada ? Indeed, I will not even bring home the money I made and all my profits of this activity will stay abroad as I already have a full time job in Canada, which is enough for me to live.

I know that, in Canada, if you are considered a resident, you should declare your worldwide income. Nevertheless, as the income is not coming back to Canada and stay there, I wonder if it is still applicable ?

Thanks a lot for your answer !

Regards,

Diana