+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ETA not approved after 3 weeks - London, UK

huma757

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
Hi everyone, I am a permanent resident and will be landing in Toronto in 1 month's time. My dad was due to come with me to help me settle. He applied for an ETA 3 weeks ago but still has not heard back. He has a criminal charge for a non-violent offence, related to planning permission / buildings. I am worried now that he will be denied entry because of this. Do they deny everyone with a criminal charge, even if it is non-violent or minor? What should we do? We already booked our flight tickets, they are non-refundable.

After 3 weeks we have still not heard back and we were due to fly very soon. He is also visiting the high commission in London this week for information. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hi everyone, I am a permanent resident and will be landing in Toronto in 1 month's time. My dad was due to come with me to help me settle. He applied for an ETA 3 weeks ago but still has not heard back. He has a criminal charge for a non-violent offence, related to planning permission / buildings. I am worried now that he will be denied entry because of this. Do they deny everyone with a criminal charge, even if it is non-violent or minor? What should we do? We already booked our flight tickets, they are non-refundable.

After 3 weeks we have still not heard back and we were due to fly very soon. He is also visiting the high commission in London this week for information. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
apply again