+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ETA HELP. 1 approved. 1 open application. FLYING in 5 days!

IamJems

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
I need some help urgently. Im due to fly to Canada on the 24th December (This coming friday) and i have an ETA situation that i need help clarifying because CiC are useless and have sent me an automated response to my case specific inquiry.

I applied for an ETA on the 7th December but i have previous arrests i declared to them. I submitted a police certificate with my application as requested by them.

I was also in the pools for the IEC working holiday programme and recieved my invitation to apply on the 8th december which i accepted and sent off the same day.

On the 16th December i was issued my POE and an ETA. Great right? No. The application for the OTHER ETA is still there. I submitted a case specific inquiry to IRCC asking them to cancel the request as i have been issued an ETA with my work permit, to get this automated response:

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada regarding an application for an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA).
We have received your uploaded documents. The application remains under review and you will be contacted if more information is required or once a decision is rendered on your application.
During the review of your file, you are not considered to hold a valid eTA. As such, you should not plan or undertake any travel to Canada until you are advised otherwise.
Please do not reply to this mailbox as it is not monitored.
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada"

The part in bold was highlighted in the email. I have checked the status of the ETA issued with my work permit on the online checker and it says it is valid, but as there is an OPEN application for an ETA on their system (with a different number) i dont know where this leaves me in terms of travel. Im supposed to be going for a holiday for a month on friday.

Shouldnt the approval of an ETA AFTER this application have cancelled this one out? I know its an automated response but i explained myself clearly in my message. I dont know where i stand now. Will i be turned away at the airport even with an approved ETA because of this application?