+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ETA form misrepresented

Vanessa29

Aug 21, 2021
Hi please I need help I made a mistake while filling the eTA form when they ask if have been refuse a visa or work permit denied or entry to any country I said no instead of yes I didn’t even realise now I received this
I don’t know which document I need to send help please thanks

In accordance with Section 11(1.01) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA), an electronic Travel Authorization may be issued to a foreign national if he or she is not inadmissible to Canada and meets the requirements of the Act.
Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.
You have indicated on your application that you have never been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country.
There is information on file that indicates that you have not answered this question truthfully, namely, You were refused a Study Permit on 2019/11/29.
As a result, I have concerns that you do not meet the requirements of the Act, namely, to answer truthfully all questions.
Before I make a final decision, you are provided with an opportunity to submit the requested information above as well as any additional information relating to these concerns. You have ten (10) days from the date of this letter to send your submission to our office. Please ensure that you quote the file number indicated at the top of this letter on any information you submit.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi please I need help I made a mistake while filling the eTA form when they ask if have been refuse a visa or work permit denied or entry to any country I said no instead of yes I didn’t even realise now I received this
I don’t know which document I need to send help please thanks

In accordance with Section 11(1.01) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA), an electronic Travel Authorization may be issued to a foreign national if he or she is not inadmissible to Canada and meets the requirements of the Act.
Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.
You have indicated on your application that you have never been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country.
There is information on file that indicates that you have not answered this question truthfully, namely, You were refused a Study Permit on 2019/11/29.
As a result, I have concerns that you do not meet the requirements of the Act, namely, to answer truthfully all questions.
Before I make a final decision, you are provided with an opportunity to submit the requested information above as well as any additional information relating to these concerns. You have ten (10) days from the date of this letter to send your submission to our office. Please ensure that you quote the file number indicated at the top of this letter on any information you submit.
You need to respond to the letter, confirm that you failed to declare a refusal and provide the details on that refusal (when it happened, why you were refused). If you have any documents related to the refusal, submit those.

You then have to hope you aren't issued a misrepresentation ban.

Reactions: Vanessa29

Vanessa29

Aug 21, 2021
You need to respond to the letter, confirm that you failed to declare a refusal and provide the details on that refusal (when it happened, why you were refused). If you have any documents related to the refusal, submit those.

Thanks a lot for your help

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
The letter doesn’t mention misrepresentation. The good news:they just want to reject you under Subsection 16(1).
Worst case scenario they refuse you and you just reapply.

Reactions: Vanessa29

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg

They are not planning to ban him for misrepresentation. Don’t scare people around :)

Vanessa29

Aug 21, 2021
The letter doesn’t mention misrepresentation. The good news:they just want to reject you under Subsection 16(1).
Worst case scenario they refuse you and you just reapply.
Thnks a lot they approved my application I’m so happy

Reactions: upon

Jasjas14

Nov 16, 2023
Thnks a lot they approved my application I’m so happy
Hello Vanessa29

I have a similar situation, my mother received a letter similiar to the letter you receive, do u still have copy of format letter u send to the IRCC officer since you got approved? Thank yoy

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello Vanessa29

I have a similar situation, my mother received a letter similiar to the letter you receive, do u still have copy of format letter u send to the IRCC officer since you got approved? Thank yoy
Did your mom forgot to mention that she was "refused a Study Permit " ?
The letter needs to explain WHY and WHAT happened. She needs to take this seriously.