+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Error on PGWP

lizard2457

Jun 2, 2022
Hi!

When I received my PGWP in the mail in Canada, I immediately booked a flight home. It wasn't until I was in my home country that I realized the country of birth on my PGWP was wrong. I am aware that I can submit an application to have the PGWP amended, however, the current processing time is 26 weeks. My job starts in January, and I need to be back in Canada by October in order to start some training, get settled, etc. Hence, I won't get the permit amended in time, and I need to send the original permit in the mail, which will prevent me from entering Canada in October. There is also the option of arguing that the amendment is urgent so the processing is faster, but the website says that it's up to the discretion of the immigration officer, so I don't want to risk it.

I was wondering if I could have the PGWP amended at the airport when I arrive in Canada or if the immigration officers will allow me to enter and then submit an amendment application inside Canada. I have a valid TRV. Also, am I correct to assume that I can continue working while waiting for the decision on the amendment? If anyone was in a similar situation, can you please share what steps you took and what the results were?

Thank you! :)