+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Error in WES ECA

grow_rd

Apr 17, 2015
Hi,

I'm New to this forum and need your assistance in regards to ECA by WES.

We have done ECA for my two bachelor degrees and one Master's degree from Gujarat University, India. Please see details below:

1 Bachelor of Science (3 Yr.) Major: Biochemistry
2 Master of Science (2 Yr.) Major: Life Science
3 Bachelor of Law (3 Yr.)

ECA report reads:

1 Bachelor of Science (3 Yr.) Major: Biochemistry = Bachelor's degree (3 Yr.)

2 Master of Science (2 Yr.) Major: Life Science = Bachelor (4 Yr.)equalancy for this credential is stated in conjunction with study previously completed (see #1 above)

3 Bachelor of Law (3 Yr.) = Bachelor of Law/Juris Doctor

As you can see, my Master's degree is evaluated as Bachelor degree (4 Yr.) which will cause me loss of points. Do I have to enter Master's or, Bachelor while filling Express Entry profile? Please assist as I'm already at borderline.

Jkal

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE
IELTS Request
R9 L8 S7 W6.5
Passport Req..
20-04-2016
Either contact WES asking them how the results are else fill them exactly as it is shown in report. YOu can fill your own.

sunnydreams

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
Hello Comrade :D

I went through the same hell. The morale of the story is in Canada Bachelors is of 4 years and hence your Masters would add up the remaining years for Canadian equivalent bachelors and so you wont get any Masters equivalency at all period.

You may contact them and draw their attention but as long as I know they wont change it :(

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My partner from Europe had his 5-year Master's degree assessed as a Canadian bachelor's degree also. You simply have to accept it, and, in fact, as he is now studying for a Canadian Master's degree, he understands that the requirements for a Master's degree here are in fact different than they were at home. The assessment is to say what your degree is equivalent to in Canada, not what it is at home.

naija-kanadian

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2016
Doc's Request.
30-11-2016
Nomination.....
15-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
06-02-2017
You have to state it as it is on your wes report

chennai22canada

Apr 8, 2015
If one has 3 years of Bachelor of Computer application (BCA) and 3 years of Master of computer application (MCA), will that person be considered to have a Masters degree by ECA ?

grow_rd

Apr 17, 2015
Thanks everyone...

How sad javascript:void(0);

In that case, as I have two bachelor degrees (see at top), which one should be selected while filling up Express Entry profile:

Option #1 - Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. (CRS points = 119)

OR

Option #2 - Professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession (CRS points = 126)

Source: cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

Per my understanding, I should go for option #2 as my Bachelor of Law is considered as professional degree.

Seeking your assistance. Thanks.

grow_rd

Apr 17, 2015
FYI...

My NOC occupation code is 4161 (Patent Agent) and my occupation is not regulated in Canada.

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
grow_rd said:
Thanks everyone...

How sad javascript:void(0);

In that case, as I have two bachelor degrees (see at top), which one should be selected while filling up Express Entry profile:

Option #1 - Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. (CRS points = 119)

OR

Option #2 - Professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession (CRS points = 126)

Source: cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

Per my understanding, I should go for option #2 as my Bachelor of Law is considered as professional degree.

Seeking your assistance. Thanks.
Hi,

According to the cic link you posted,

Professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession
(also known as First professional degree or Entry-to-practice professional degree)

For Express Entry, we only accept professional degrees in these fields:
ECA assessment results:
Bachelor of Laws
Juris Doctor

When you make your EE profile, you have the option of adding all your degrees. I believe you will get the extra points for the Law degree.

Does that answer your question?