+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Error in Marital Status on eCOPR

final_hurdle

Jul 7, 2021
My partner and I recently received our eCOPRs, we made joint application with me as the primary applicant.
When reviewing both of our eCOPRs I noticed that my partner's marital status was incorrectly set as Married but we made the application as Common-Law partners, my own eCOPR is correct.
I was wondering if this is something that I need to get amended and if so, does anyone know is it just a case of raising a webform highlighting the issue?

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
My partner and I recently received our eCOPRs, we made joint application with me as the primary applicant.
When reviewing both of our eCOPRs I noticed that my partner's marital status was incorrectly set as Married but we made the application as Common-Law partners, my own eCOPR is correct.
I was wondering if this is something that I need to get amended and if so, does anyone know is it just a case of raising a webform highlighting the issue?
you can find the application package to change it here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/request-amend-record-landing-confirmation-permanent-residence-valid-temporary-resident-documents.html

did you both apply as cec-inland? what was your timeline? congrats

Reactions: final_hurdle

final_hurdle

Jul 7, 2021
We did indeed.

I don't have the exact dates but we submitted our PR application around the middle of April. We got the portal invite for eCOPR around the end of June and submitted it straight away.
Had our full confirmation within a week or so after that.
Last week we got confirmation that our cards had been posted (had to add both PR card apps to out main CEC profile for this) and we were told they should arrive within six weeks

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
We did indeed.

I don't have the exact dates but we submitted our PR application around the middle of April. We got the portal invite for eCOPR around the end of June and submitted it straight away.
Had our full confirmation within a week or so after that.
Last week we got confirmation that our cards had been posted (had to add both PR card apps to out main CEC profile for this) and we were told they should arrive within six weeks
Dang thats fast. It sucks for all 2020 apps then, mine of from december and still waiting. Anyways, if they sent pr cards, i wouldnt even bother.

final_hurdle

Jul 7, 2021
Dang thats fast. It sucks for all 2020 apps then, mine of from december and still waiting. Anyways, if they sent pr cards, i wouldnt even bother.
I know, we got incredibly lucky. I definitely have the impression they are prioritizing joint apps.

2020 apps were screwed over. My friend in Vancouver had to wait for 14 months versus my 3 months. So crappy

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
I know, we got incredibly lucky. I definitely have the impression they are prioritizing joint apps.

2020 apps were screwed over. My friend in Vancouver had to wait for 14 months versus my 3 months. So crappy
Oh i also applied with my common law partner. Its just that theyre prioritizing post march 2021 apps over 2020s. Anyways, cheers!

renee3cats

Feb 4, 2022
Hi,
I have the same issue that on my e-copr my marital status was wrong.
Am I still be able to use it renew my SIN and Health card? If to do so, I have to sign it which kinda agree everything is correct on it.
If i mail the form to amend a correction, will it affect or slow the time to get my PR card? Or should I wait to get my PR card first then request Amend?
Please advise and thank you!