+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Equivalency:Two or More Degree,Certificate or Diploma (HND + Bachelors)

AAWA123

May 30, 2016
Hi

I just received my equivalency from IQAS Alberta and it states under "Comparative levels of achievement in Canada":

The Higher National Certificate generally compares to the completion of a one-year post-secondary Certificate with a focus in accounting.
The Higher National Diploma generally compares to the completion of a two-year post-secondary Diploma with a focus in accounting.
The Bachelor's degree generally compares to the completion of a four-year Bachelor's degree with a focus in accounting.

Considering the guidelines of CIC:
cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/eca_table_en.pdf and cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

They don't give the option for post-secondary Diploma or post-secondary Certificate as stated in my ECA. But at the same time, it says "A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school)." (Mine is post secondary)
Would I be eligible for two or more degrees, certificate or diploma given that my diploma is pre-bachelors and the exact name is not in the list provided on the CIC website. Has anyone with a similar case used two or more degrees? I would really appreciate any help.

oscarborged

Feb 3, 2016
Hi AAWA123,

Right now I´m in the same situation as you, since I have a 2 year post-secondary Technical Diploma in Automotive Mechanical, and a Bachelor in Industrial Engineering (5 years, I´m from Colombia). I don´t know if the CIC will recognize my equivalency as two or more degree, since there´s not a descrption for technical courses in the CIC webpage information.

AAWA123

May 30, 2016
You can always call them up and ask them (I'm planning on doing the same). Where did you get your equivalency from? If its IQAS Alberta with "post secondary diploma" (similar to mine) I'm kind of certain they'll accept it as two or more degree.