+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

entering canada with PR card but without valid passport....??

ramzy2277

Dec 21, 2011
Hi all,

we recently received our PR visa and I am planning for our move to canada in may Insha ALLAH, ,where we would stay there till we get our PR cards then come back to UAE and close out things ,then go to canada in a couple of months later for good, but since I hold a non recognised passport by the canadian goverment I am afraid that we might be able to enter Canada again even with our PR cards ,so I came to know that we can order a travel document and certificate of identity and for such I require to stay in canada a period not less than 6 month to start processing those documents, is that true?....

1- where can I apply for travel document and certificate of identity Inside Canada?.and how long it takes to get them.?
2- Can I apply for travel document and certificate of identity from outside canada, like CANADIAN EMBASSY IN ABU DHABI.? how long does it take?

3- what are the requirements to obtain travel document and certificate of identity.?....like staying 6 months inside canada?.....justification why i left canada first place....etc?

4- how many entries they are valid?

thanks and regards.