+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

English test - need original certification or copy

Gill1234.shergill

Star Member
Dec 27, 2017
Previously when I applied for PR i had given ilets test, I have copy of it

Just want to know if needs to submit original copy of ilets for English test requirements or copy will work

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Previously when I applied for PR i had given ilets test, I have copy of it

Just want to know if needs to submit original copy of ilets for English test requirements or copy will work
With your application you're expected to send a photocopy.
When you have your test and interview you are expected to be able to show the original document.

Reactions: scorph

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Hi

1. Disagree, a copy is sufficient because the original was sent with the PR application and is not returned.
Not everyone needs to submit the original when they apply for PR status; if that's the case you must send a photocopy and be able to present the original at the interview.

If you did have to submit the original, I expect they will accept a photocopy (though annoyingly they don't say so explicitly): http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=595&top=5

Can I submit the results from a third-party language test that I took when I first applied to immigrate to Canada as proof I meet the citizenship language requirement?
Yes. You may send the same third-party language test results from your immigration application with your application for citizenship. There is no expiration date for third-party language test results for citizenship applicants.
(They also explain this, in a bit more detail, in https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/eligibility/language-proof/step-2.html )

I expect it will be fine, @Gill1234.shergill , to just submit the photocopy (as IRCC most likely has noted in their file that you submitted the original when you applied for PR status).

Gill1234.shergill

Star Member
Dec 27, 2017
Thank you everyone,

What you guys think should I submit the copy of ilets as I do not have original to show at interview OR should I provide my diploma certificate as English requirement proof

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Thank you everyone,

What you guys think should I submit the copy of ilets as I do not have original to show at interview OR should I provide my diploma certificate as English requirement proof
You can submit either one (or both). It doesn't really matter, as long as you include a photocopy of a proof of language knowledge with your application (and then take the proof to your interview as well).

Reactions: Gill1234.shergill

Model_citizen

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Not everyone needs to submit the original when they apply for PR status; if that's the case you must send a photocopy and be able to present the original at the interview.

If you did have to submit the original, I expect they will accept a photocopy (though annoyingly they don't say so explicitly): http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=595&top=5

Can I submit the results from a third-party language test that I took when I first applied to immigrate to Canada as proof I meet the citizenship language requirement?
Yes. You may send the same third-party language test results from your immigration application with your application for citizenship. There is no expiration date for third-party language test results for citizenship applicants.
(They also explain this, in a bit more detail, in https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/eligibility/language-proof/step-2.html )

I expect it will be fine, @Gill1234.shergill , to just submit the photocopy (as IRCC most likely has noted in their file that you submitted the original when you applied for PR status).
Agree. Submit a photocopy of IELTS or other 3'rd party tests (provided you submitted original with your PR). This is fine.

Gill1234.shergill

Star Member
Dec 27, 2017
1) Do you have proof of knowledge of English : Yes
1.1) Did you successfullu complete LINC OR CLIC course at CLB4 from jan 2008 to oct 2012 ?

As I have copy of ilets certification so should I say yes or no for question # 1.1 because I guess LINC is different than ilets

3bdcanada

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Feb-2015
1) Do you have proof of knowledge of English : Yes
1.1) Did you successfullu complete LINC OR CLIC course at CLB4 from jan 2008 to oct 2012 ?

As I have copy of ilets certification so should I say yes or no for question # 1.1 because I guess LINC is different than ilets
you will have to answer "no"