+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Engineer licencing, what are the best option

ouedbaht

Mar 9, 2019
Dear fellow immigring engineers,

I already have my COPR and I'm planning to move to Ontario by the end of June.
I'm an engineer in my country and I have already 12 years experience working in the industrial field, 7 of them in the automotive industry, and I would like to start my application to be a P.Eng as soon as possible.
The search through the forum made me quite confused. Application to PEO seems to have quite a reputation of being hard ( number of exams, fees, academic evaluation....), and apparently it is possible to apply to a different association from the province that you are planning to live in. So I have a few questions that can be helpful for future immigrant engineers:
*Is it really possible to apply to a different association than the province that you are aiming to live in?
*In that case, what is the best association to choose:

· Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia
· Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA)
· Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba
· Engineers and Geoscientists New Brunswick
· Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS)
· Engineers Nova Scotia
· Engineers PEI
· Engineers Yukon
· Northwest Territories and Nunavut Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists (NAPEG
· Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ)
· Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Newfoundland and Labrador (PEGNL)
· Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO)

Based on fees, academic recognition complexity, duration of the process....

*Is it possible to be supervised by a P.Eng from another association while being " in training"

Thank you in advance for your inputs and I'm sure they will be helpful for many engineers that wish to move to Canada.
Cheers!

Reactions: Molino de Viente

nitishmn

Nov 2, 2017
Hi, I am in the same boat too. I was looking at the application form of PEGNL where you fill out your work experience. And it asked for details of the P.Eng under whom you are claiming experience. It asked details like :
1. Name of P.Eng :
2. License no. :
3. Province where the person has P.Eng :

Looking at this, it seems like its OK if the supervising P.Engineer is from another province. You can work under a P.Eng from any province for a year, then apply for your license either in the same province or a different one. Based on what I read, if you have P.Eng from one province, its easy to transfer it to another one. Please let me know if you find out more.

ouedbaht

Mar 9, 2019
Thank you for the answer nitishmn. It's a complicated process and I'm at a total loss. I started the application with APEGA, but then I found out that they ask for P eng validator for 48 months experience!!!
I don't know, I'll see if I really need it when I'll land in two weeks

Nisarjamali

May 24, 2019
Dear fellow immigring engineers,

I already have my COPR and I'm planning to move to Ontario by the end of June.
I'm an engineer in my country and I have already 12 years experience working in the industrial field, 7 of them in the automotive industry, and I would like to start my application to be a P.Eng as soon as possible.
The search through the forum made me quite confused. Application to PEO seems to have quite a reputation of being hard ( number of exams, fees, academic evaluation....), and apparently it is possible to apply to a different association from the province that you are planning to live in. So I have a few questions that can be helpful for future immigrant engineers:
*Is it really possible to apply to a different association than the province that you are aiming to live in?
*In that case, what is the best association to choose:

· Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia
· Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA)
· Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba
· Engineers and Geoscientists New Brunswick
· Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS)
· Engineers Nova Scotia
· Engineers PEI
· Engineers Yukon
· Northwest Territories and Nunavut Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists (NAPEG
· Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ)
· Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Newfoundland and Labrador (PEGNL)
· Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO)

Based on fees, academic recognition complexity, duration of the process....

*Is it possible to be supervised by a P.Eng from another association while being " in training"

Thank you in advance for your inputs and I'm sure they will be helpful for many engineers that wish to move to Canada.
Cheers!
My case is similar to yours. I have COPR. I have started APEGS process. But someone told me APEGA is the best.

Amatsukami

Jun 27, 2018
Cameroon
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
01-12-2018
Thank you for the answer nitishmn. It's a complicated process and I'm at a total loss. I started the application with APEGA, but then I found out that they ask for P eng validator for 48 months experience!!!
HI
Hope your're doing well
please share your experince about the P eng validator for 48 months experience so far.
is it madatory?
thanks

karim10

Jul 22, 2019
Dear
I am in the same situation as yours please inform how you managed

Thanks

ouedbaht

Mar 9, 2019
Hello,
I went with the APEGA because I started the process befor moving to Canada. It's along process and I finally got a result after nearly 14 months!!
If you have questions don't hesitate

ouedbaht

Mar 9, 2019
HI
Hope your're doing well
please share your experince about the P eng validator for 48 months experience so far.
is it madatory?
thanks
Hi,
You are only required to have 12 months of Canadian experience under a canadian P.Ing. For the remaining 36 months, you can justify with your foreign experience. I hope that helps

Amatsukami

Jun 27, 2018
Cameroon
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
01-12-2018
thanks for your reply.
whats is asked(documentation) in other to justify these 36 months?

Pal92

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Hi any have any IDEa, I'm an Btech in ECE ,and for PEI PnP is it required to get our credentials assessed by them Engineer PEI

harshjoshi27

Mar 13, 2022
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
02-09-2020
AOR Received.
16-11-2020
Med's Request
11-03-2022
Med's Done....
02-04-2022
Passport Req..
17-05-2022
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2022
LANDED..........
04-10-2022
Hello,
I went with the APEGA because I started the process before moving to Canada. It's a long process and I finally got a result after nearly 14 months!!
If you have questions don't hesitate

Hi,

Did you get the answer to your question regarding which is the best to choose for the P.Eng license?

I am an Indian Graduate with 5 years of relevant experience after my Master's degree. I have an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) done by World Education Services (WES) for the Express Entry procedure which concludes that my Indian Master's degree is equivalent to Canadian 2 years Master's degree.

What province shall I look for the licensing procedure, where in the academic requirement process is smooth/easy/less time-consuming?

Thanks
Harsh Joshi