+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ended up having to leave Canada and waiting CEC process in abroad. Pls adv

Oyihc

Mar 16, 2010
Hi,

I had to leave Canada and I am living in my home country since then, waiting IA for CEC application.

Back to last Nov, I applied CEC while being implied status, however, not long later the application for CEC was mailed, I received a rejection letter saying my application for extension of Work Permit was rejected as unable to obtain valid LMO. The letter confirmed that I was a person in Canada without legal status henceforth and required to leave Canada immediately; otherwise enforcement action may be taken. ( It did not mention ‘ leave within 30 days ‘ or any specific date. )
So, I complied. Left company and country within 10 days after the date issued on the letter. Later on the same week when I left country, AOR was mailed to the mailing address in Canada.

My questions are ;
1) I have not contacted CIC / CBSA as to above events and recent changes. Would this hinder my CEC application as some of information provided on CEC application is no longer accurate? ( i.e. current residential address / No longer employed in Canada due to WP extension was rejected. etc ) I still want to have my mailing address in Canada remained, as resident there always check mail addressed to me. Would it facilitate the process if I go ahead to keep them posted on recent updates? Or better to keep waiting for IA, which should specify what kind of additional info they require?

2) I am planning to visit friends in Canada next month. Knowing the final decision will be up to officer at entry , but generally the case like me would go through difficulty in entry, or maybe temporary stay is to be limited less than 6 months? I am from visa exempted country. Any advice on supporting documents ?

Thank you for valuable input in advance.