+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

End to End Timelines (From online application to passport arrival with stamp)

jaydevadhikari

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
I know there is already a thread for passport arrival timelines, but I thought we should have one thread where we have end to end timelines. Often people come here to get ideas about such issues and a thread like this could go a long way in helping them out. So here is my timeline, I have tried to include as much detail as I could think of:

I am from Mumbai, and I applied online myself, added my bank statements, employment letter mentioning my leave approval, my passport scans, my visas to Australia and Thailand, my flight and hotel booking...I forgot to attach my ITR by the way. I had no letter of invitation or cover letter attached.

23rd March past mid night - Submitted Online Application, received two emails of new messages right away for confirmation of submission
25th March 3AM (early morning) - Email about my application status being updated (checked CIC, no updates there)
26th March 9AM - Email about my application status being updated (checked CIC, no updates there)
26th March 10am - Email about new message in CIC...checked, and it was for original passport request
27th March 11am - Submitted passport in VFS Canada Mumbai Office in person
30th March 10AM - Checked status of application on VFS site, and it said that Visa Office New Delhi has sent my processed passport back to VFS
1st April 11AM - Checked status of application on VFS site, and it said that passport has been couriered to me
2nd April 3:30PM - Received passport at my address

Got a multiple entry visa for 2.5 years...could have been more but my passport expires after that date....