+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

End date of work?

dennizgb

Star Member
Feb 23, 2014
Hello ppl.

I apologize for opening a new topic as a new member. But I need advice, it is very important.

So, my NOC is 7322. I pretty much have all the papers sorted out to apply through Canadian Experience Class, I'm just waiting for some translations of my birth certificate and criminal record from other country.

Past few days I've been filling all the forms and came to one where it's asking me about my work in Canada within last three years. My situation was very complicated, so...

I came here in 2011 on a Working Holiday visa, my visa was valid one year(16.5.2011-16.5.2012)...I found job three days after and I'm still at that work this day.
So, we had very complicated situation about LMO, cause my company are led by cheapest and probably dumbest people in the world. They asked me if I want to stay in Canada half year before expiration of my visa. I wasn't sure at that time, but when I made decision they still had lots of time, so what happend.

I told them that I roughly know precedure and it's not simple, but they told me "don't worry, we'll figure out"... I don't know what excatly happend but according to them, they had denied LMO first time, just before expiration of my visa. But they spoke to some immigration officers and they gave them advice to apply for Work permit without LMO so we can bought time before they send new LMO application. Waiting time is roughly 3 months. They send application few days before expiration of my WH visa, lets say 14.5.2012., I'm not sure. After that period I wasn't sure if I can remain working, but they told as long as you are in procedure you can keep working but when we recieve letter from goverment, depending on that I'll have to quit or they will approve work.

We got letter from goverment in July, I think 21st. They say that they cannot issue a new work permit without LMO, which we knew. So, they gave me 90 days to leave country. As soon as I got that letter I quit my job and I was unemployed. I had savings, support from my gf, her family and my family from abroad while I was waiting for them to figure out.
They came with new idea and apply again for LMO, but I had to be paid 29$ per hour which was too much for them and that NOC wasn't actually what we do. So it's been denied just few days before those 90 days expired.
But I was invited for meeting with owner and from there he took everyhing and he send new application for LMO, with the right NOC number and all the needed paperwork. Then they told me I'm still good to stay but no work, so I was still freakin unemployed waiting for the papers.
So, the owner applied for new LMO just before expiration of these 90 days, and they also apply for new WP without LMO so they buy time again, they've been told by immigraton consultant company they can do that 2 times. They finally got positive LMO just before Christmas 2012 and under 90 days. When owner took everything in his hands he was working with immigration officers all the time. Not even month after I've been issued new Work permit valid till January 2015(two years)

So, thats my story. Now the very important questions if anyone have any idea what to do pls let me know.
In one form for PR they ask me for work in Canada within last 3 years. Should I write the date when my visa expired or when I actually quit, cause according to them(my company and immigration officers) I was entitled to work until the answer from goverment which was two months after my visa expired(then I quit)?
If I write my end date of work the last day on my visa(May,) I would be in country more than 6 months(I've got new WP in January). By the law with my passport I could stay only six months, in that case they can make troubles about that.

Does anyone knows what should I write in application?

Sober

Mar 25, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/02/2013
AOR Received.
08/04/2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
04/01/2014
Med's Done....
07/01/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07/02/2014
LANDED..........
22/02/2014
Write the dates you actually DID WORK, because they will take into consideration only time you were employed and received payment for your labor.

dennizgb

Star Member
Feb 23, 2014
Thanks for quick response.

I also tried to find out about open work permit. Friends who've apply for PR under other category they told me together with my application I send application for open work permit no matter that current WP is valid longer than 4 months, is that true or its not possible under CEC...or my current WP must be under 4 months(then I apply for bridging open work permit) ?

jkgoulds

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd April 2014
Doc's Request.
Police report of 'no live trace' 27 May 2015
AOR Received.
1st July 2014
IELTS Request
Score: 7.0-7.0-6.5-8.5
Med's Request
27 May 2015
Med's Done....
6th June 2015
To be eligible to apply under CEC that you must have had 12 months of full time skilled work (so at least 30 hours a week for a total of 12 months) in the last three years. If you don't have that, you won't be eligible just yet but if your LMO entitles you to work until 2015 you can gain the requirements then.

Good luck!

GHD1213

Nov 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
21-03-2014
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
dennizgb said:
Thanks for quick response.

I also tried to find out about open work permit. Friends who've apply for PR under other category they told me together with my application I send application for open work permit no matter that current WP is valid longer than 4 months, is that true or its not possible under CEC...or my current WP must be under 4 months(then I apply for bridging open work permit) ?
That is not true, your current wp must be expiring within 4 months regardless what stream you are applying, including CEC.

dennizgb

Star Member
Feb 23, 2014
Thanks guys.

I'm common with all the things about PR, I have now more than one year as a skilled worker, weekly 44h + lots of overtime, so I'm eligible to apply.
I was just wondering about open WP...I'm working now more than 2 years in same company in same position, I'm doing my job amazing but the better I do my job the worse they treat me cause I'm "just an immigrant."

GHD1213

Nov 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
21-03-2014
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
dennizgb said:
Thanks guys.

I'm common with all the things about PR, I have now more than one year as a skilled worker, weekly 44h + lots of overtime, so I'm eligible to apply.
I was just wondering about open WP...I'm working now more than 2 years in same company in same position, I'm doing my job amazing but the better I do my job the worse they treat me cause I'm "just an immigrant."
Sorry to hear that buddy, it happens. But the 4 months rule for bridging needs to be met. But there is another post where ppl got laid off before wp expired and way over 4 months and applied bridging with detailed explanation, not sure the outcome of these case. Obviously, this is not similar to your case. I assume you want to kick off your current employer, the only option I can see is to find a new employer who is willing to apply for new LMO, but as you experienced, the process is painful. Or endure for another couple of months and apply bridging, I am sure by then you would hear something about pr if you are applying now.

dennizgb

Star Member
Feb 23, 2014
It is what it is. I'll just keep doing my job until I sort out my status, hopefully residence. Thanks a lot for all info guys ;)

jkgoulds

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd April 2014
Doc's Request.
Police report of 'no live trace' 27 May 2015
AOR Received.
1st July 2014
IELTS Request
Score: 7.0-7.0-6.5-8.5
Med's Request
27 May 2015
Med's Done....
6th June 2015
dennizgb said:
I'm working now more than 2 years in same company in same position, I'm doing my job amazing but the better I do my job the worse they treat me cause I'm "just an immigrant."
Same happened too me and my CLP, they started working us to the bone, day and night shifts with only 4 hours sleep, they knew they had us over a barrel because of the LMO and we was bound to them so to speak (yes we know we could of reported them but too much hassle). It got to much for us one day and decided only way out is the easiest way out: Go back to England. We couldn't deal with staying with them whilst finding another LMO. So here we are now 8 months later applying for PR through the CEC route. It does happen, your not the only one but things will get better! :)

GHD1213

Nov 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
21-03-2014
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
jkgoulds said:
It does happen, your not the only one but things will get better! :)
Yes, we always will have better tomorrow. :)

dennizgb

Star Member
Feb 23, 2014
Hey guys...

I didn't want to open new topic, so I'll just ask here. If anyone knows pls answer.

So, as I wrote I arrive in Canada in May 2011...I was working job on working holiday visa which was not quite the same as I do now, it wasn't skilled worker and most likely not any of NOC. My intention was to apply for the period when I got new work permit which was last year in January. January 2013-January 2014 I worked 44h a week plus overtime on NOC 7322.

I'm going through my document checklist probably 5th times, checking everything and making sure everything is alright.
One thing is bugging me, that is T4. Can I send T4 slip and NOA just for the period which I'm qualifying for which is January 2013-January 2014 or I must send all T4 and all NOA's since I arrive?

I have very complicated situation cause I have period when I was working on daily basis, being paid weekly and all taxes were submitted and paid.

GHD1213

Nov 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
21-03-2014
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
dennizgb said:
Hey guys...

I didn't want to open new topic, so I'll just ask here. If anyone knows pls answer.

So, as I wrote I arrive in Canada in May 2011...I was working job on working holiday visa which was not quite the same as I do now, it wasn't skilled worker and most likely not any of NOC. My intention was to apply for the period when I got new work permit which was last year in January. January 2013-January 2014 I worked 44h a week plus overtime on NOC 7322.

I'm going through my document checklist probably 5th times, checking everything and making sure everything is alright.
One thing is bugging me, that is T4. Can I send T4 slip and NOA just for the period which I'm qualifying for which is January 2013-January 2014 or I must send all T4 and all NOA's since I arrive?

I have very complicated situation cause I have period when I was working on daily basis, being paid weekly and all taxes were submitted and paid.
The old checklist requested for the most recent T4. From what I can understand from the current checklist, you only need to provide the T4 for the qualifying experience you claimed. Which means for other periods when your jobs were unskilled, it is not necessary to provide. This is my understanding.