+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment Insurance

mims2000

Sep 6, 2012
Hi. I recently got 2 jobs after 8 months of being jobless. I got 12 hours from one job and 16 hours from the other one, is it considered full time now? I have to report to EI. Im trying to call but 2 hours waiting. thanks in advance.

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Hi. I recently got 2 jobs after 8 months of being jobless. I got 12 hours from one job and 16 hours from the other one, is it considered full time now? I have to report to EI. Im trying to call but 2 hours waiting. thanks in advance.
No its still part time. Full time is 40 hrs a week.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Full time work is considered to be 30-40 hours a week in most parts of Canada. EI is based on hours worked.
1,. But OP still have to inform them of his earnings for the week, immaterial if it is full time or part time.

If you’re receiving EI benefits

While you are receiving Employment Insurance (EI) benefits, you must complete reports to show that you are eligible. The Internet Reporting Service is a simple, fast, convenient and secure way to submit your EI reports online.

To make it easier to check when your next report is due, register for My Service Canada Account (MSCA). Once you’re registered, log in and select “Employment Insurance (EI)”, then click “Latest claim” or “Payment information”.

Reactions: Buletruck

mims2000

Sep 6, 2012
Hi

1,. But OP still have to inform them of his earnings for the week, immaterial if it is full time or part time.

If you’re receiving EI benefits

While you are receiving Employment Insurance (EI) benefits, you must complete reports to show that you are eligible. The Internet Reporting Service is a simple, fast, convenient and secure way to submit your EI reports online.

To make it easier to check when your next report is due, register for My Service Canada Account (MSCA). Once you’re registered, log in and select “Employment Insurance (EI)”, then click “Latest claim” or “Payment information”.
thanks. I declare both my hours and salary but unsure if shall i check part time or full time as both job is under 30 hours. I put part time but i dont want to have trouble.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
thanks. I declare both my hours and salary but unsure if shall i check part time or full time as both job is under 30 hours. I put part time but i dont want to have trouble.
As long as you didn't receive any EI in the same time period you were working and got paid, you should be ok regardless of picking the wrong job type.

Reactions: mims2000