+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employer not giving joining date

prakaasht

Dec 7, 2019
Hello All,

We are in Canada as a permanent resident , my wife applied for a job , she was interviewed by the employer and client manager whose project is handled by the employer , my wife got the offer from the employer and accepted the same.The employer started a intro call with the client and few other managers from client side joined the call and they now say it's a requirement mismatch and they are looking for few more skill sets which was not mentioned in the job posting. Employer mailed asking for few more skills and my wife replied with what ever she knows and it has been forwarded to the client and we are waiting to hear from them. it's been week now. Her joining date was Nov 29th in the offer letter but they are yet to get back on the feedback from the client.

We are doubtful if they would even call her back and what if the client doesn't want to proceed with the offer.

Can i file a legal suite on the employer for wasting our time and for the long wait ?

Please advise.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
It has only been just over a week and you are considering spending money on a lawsuit already ?

Assume you have read every clause included in the employment contract concerning the terms of employment ? Assume there is a clause about notice of terminating employment

How will you define 'wasting time' and 'long wait' in any lawsuit and respond to any counter claim about skills mismatch ?
Have you already taken legal advice on odds of any legal action progressing ?

Seems like time and money might be better spent looking for another job and move on if the employer has no answer but thats only my view and I have zero legal expertise.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello All,

We are in Canada as a permanent resident , my wife applied for a job , she was interviewed by the employer and client manager whose project is handled by the employer , my wife got the offer from the employer and accepted the same.The employer started a intro call with the client and few other managers from client side joined the call and they now say it's a requirement mismatch and they are looking for few more skill sets which was not mentioned in the job posting. Employer mailed asking for few more skills and my wife replied with what ever she knows and it has been forwarded to the client and we are waiting to hear from them. it's been week now. Her joining date was Nov 29th in the offer letter but they are yet to get back on the feedback from the client.

We are doubtful if they would even call her back and what if the client doesn't want to proceed with the offer.

Can i file a legal suite on the employer for wasting our time and for the long wait ?

Please advise.
Most likely no. You most likely have no grounds on which to successfully sue.

Vast majority of employers have a three month probation period during which someone can be release without cause. Given your wife hadn't even started yet, I'm not sure on what grounds you would be able to argue that anything is owed to your wife.

Best option is to move on. However if you want to be certain, by all means pay for a consult with an employment lawyer.