+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

employer is not willing to sponsor for PNP

thess.P

Apr 16, 2010
hi! good to surf this forum...

im a TFW under of low skilled worker before, which can be able for the aplication of PNP, but the problem is my employer is not willing to sponsor any of us. thats why im teribly finding a way to stay here in canada. is it posible for me to aply by myself for PNP or for PR and it is helpful for me that i gained a position at my work which is food service supervisor (NOC 6212)? i been trough self assestment online, but i dont know what should i do even i pass with that.

I also try to find another employer which is willing to help to sponsor me, but im not sure if that's posible for my status because i still have a contract to my employer. and the thing is do i have enough time, to proccess for those document i need to re aply like new LMO, WORK PERMIT, etc. if ill found another employer? coz my work permit will expired this coming september.

please let me hear your advise and tell me what i have to do. im badly needed to stay here for work to help my family. thanks a lot...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you work under 6212 or other skilled NOC for 2 years, you can apply yourself under Canadian Experience class. You can not apply under PNP without employers support. It is possible that you can apply under the skilled worker program if you qualify, 67 points and all that. You could apply under category 3 if you have been in Canada for 12 months or longer. Do you think that your employer will apply to extend your work permit? If not, you should look for another one while you still have time.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Leon said:
If you work under 6212 or other skilled NOC for 2 years, you can apply yourself under Canadian Experience class. You can not apply under PNP without employers support. It is possible that you can apply under the skilled worker program if you qualify, 67 points and all that. You could apply under category 3 if you have been in Canada for 12 months or longer. Do you think that your employer will apply to extend your work permit? If not, you should look for another one while you still have time.
1. The OP can't apply under CEC as s/he stated she is in a low skilled occupation.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was under the impression that OP had been promoted to supervisor NOC 6212.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

But I bet that his/her work permit doesn't reflect that.
That is possible.

thess.P, if you want to apply under CEC at some point, your work permit has to reflect your position under NOC 6212 for 2 years. Another option would be to try to get a new LMO for 6212 with another employer and then maybe that employer will sponsor you under PNP or if not, you would have the back up option of applying under CEC after 2 years of working at that place.

thess.P

Apr 16, 2010
hi!

tnx for your urgent response. on my work permit its stated that im a food counter attendant. the good thing is i been promoted last may as a supervisor by verbaly, and i didn't sign anything like im being promoted or change status like that, and i have only 12 months working for that position. actually i go through to self assesment test on online and i got 83 points, but the thing is even i pass to that test, i dont know what the next step i need to make. where and whom can i show that i pass to that test.

i dont think so that their are going to extend my work permit even they say that, their are going to renew us. beacuse last oct 2010, my employer let me sign the application form for PNP for nothing. they just give me a false hope, coz everytime i ask my employer regarding that application she just tell me that their still working for that. then this febuary they told us that they are going to choose 1 person per store which their going to sponsor for PR, but until now they are not decided yet. last 1st week of april i ask them if im not qualify for them to be choose, do i need to go back to philppines for good or what? they just told me that they are still reviewing our papers. until now im not sure if they're going to pick from us or what. i doub't it! that's why im finding another way for me to stay here in canada.

if ill find another employer it is posible for them to sponsor me? or do i have to work for them atleast 12 months for them to sponsor me? and do i still have to remain here in BC for that, or it's dosen't matter if i'll find another employer in Alberta? what my suspective employer need to aply for me? one of my suspective employer is having hard time to get an LMO due to PR and canadian citizen is the priority ogf the the goverment as of now. that's why im worried about that also, to find a new job before my work permit expired.

please and thnak you for your advice...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I do believe you can apply under FSW category 3 and even if your work permit expires and you have to go back, your application will continue to be processed because there is nothing in the rules as far as I know that says you must still be in Canada at the time your PR visa is issued. You just have to have been in Canada working or studying for 12 or more months at the time you apply. That might be your best bet because it's not hooked on to the employer like the PNP's.

About the work permit, it doesn't sound like this employer is very serious about things. You can look for another one. In BC, I believe it's 9 months you have to work to be sponsored under low skill and in AB it's 6 months but in AB there are also other restrictions for example about how many employees one employer can sponsor at the same time. If you got a job under 6212, that would be skilled so in that case the employer can sponsor you right away, both in BC and AB but of course it is up to the employer if and when. It is likely that they will make you work at least the 3 month probation period before they sponsor.

thess.P

Apr 16, 2010
it's nice to here from you again Leon, just wondering if where and how can i apply for FSW category 3? you mean am i able to aply for PR by myself even without the consent of my employer? what are the things i need to do? and if ever how long it will take? you mean even my work permit will expires this coming semptember it doesn't matter? due to i already have 12 months fulltime work experience with one employer.

i think i need to find another employer soon rather to go home back in philppines, and just wait for my aplication to be process if ever right? but the thing is what if i can't find an employer before my work permit expires, is there any other way for me to extend my stay here in canada? or do i really have to exit as per my work permit stated?

thank you so much for replying this topic. its really helpful for us...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To apply under the FSW program, start reading here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp

You are eligible to apply under this program if you have been working in Canada for the previous 12 months or more before you apply. You do not need the consent of your employer.

The processing time in Manila is 6 months, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/02b-skilled-fed.asp#asia but before that it would take you 2-3 months to get through the intake office in Sydney NS.