+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

employer is exploiting :(

sunnysh

Mar 16, 2014
hey guys.. I need some advice. will really appreciate if some one can suggest...
I am in Alberta. Applied residency through provincial nominee... just yesterday my estatus of applicaion has been changed to "decision made"
My employer is giving me really hard time. so wanna quit. i dont know if i have to wait till my passport gets stamped ..or i am able to quit.
any information will be highly appreciated..
thanks
sunny

kaisin82

Mar 20, 2011
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2011
Nomination.....
20-08-2011
AOR Received.
23-11-2011
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
N\A
Med's Request
06-03-2014
Med's Done....
14-03-2014
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
06-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Passport sent on 28-03-2014, VISA issued 16-06-2014
LANDED..........
Calgary here I come!!
suggest that you wait till your passport is stamped before you quit. work for a few more months first?

immigrationaspirant

Oct 29, 2013
Please do not leave your job before you get your visa stamped and your COPR. You got your nominee because of your employer I believe. If AINP receives a notification that you have left your job, then it is quite possible that they might withdraw your application. But again, they will ask you your situation before they actually withdraw your application. They PNP officer might E:mail you and ask for proof of your employment etc etc. It is quite possible that you might even get away with it, especially if you already have your PPR. If your decision has been made and your passport has gone for visa stamping then its only a matter of days, please bear. When you get you COPR and Immigrant visa, then life starts afresh. You get your new status based on your visa. You are free to choose any job in your province then.

Bhim

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunnysh said:
hey guys.. I need some advice. will really appreciate if some one can suggest...
I am in Alberta. Applied residency through provincial nominee... just yesterday my estatus of applicaion has been changed to "decision made"
My employer is giving me really hard time. so wanna quit. i dont know if i have to wait till my passport gets stamped ..or i am able to quit.
thanks
sunny
Just hang on tight buddy, you are nearly there.

Sumeet

Jan 22, 2009
sunnysh said:
thanks
sunny
wait it's coming.........hang on thr till you get you papers......
If you have proofs of his explorations..keep them safe...Go to labour court....these bastards need to learn lesson// gud luck

preet92

Mar 20, 2014
can i change job ? my work permit is open and AINP was under SRS without job offer(open work permit) ? my medicals done and received in december mid and its in processing

goldbank

May 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 3,2014
Doc's Request.
August 1,2014
AOR Received.
March 6, 2014
Med's Request
March 6, 2014
Med's Done....
April 3, 2014 received April 2014
LANDED..........
in Canada Sept 2012
sunnysh said:
thanks
sunny
Are you under employer-driven category? It you are then hang on, but if your are nominated under AWE, by all means go... I am on the same case as you are( f....tards, they think that they can just take advantage of us since we are foreign workers) forgive my angst but it's too much to handle, but I resigned and I still got my AOR in my PR but I was nominated under AWE.

mims2000

Sep 6, 2012
sunnysh said:
thanks
sunny
i feel u. atleast your status changed to 'decision made'. mine, i just got my file number last month and heaven knowS if i will be approved or denied by ainp. i was not paid for my extra hour work but i dont know what to do or where to go thats why until now, im still working there.

goldbank

May 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 3,2014
Doc's Request.
August 1,2014
AOR Received.
March 6, 2014
Med's Request
March 6, 2014
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
in Canada Sept 2012
mims2000 said:
i feel u. atleast your status changed to 'decision made'. mine, i just got my file number last month and heaven knowS if i will be approved or denied by ainp. i was not paid for my extra hour work but i dont know what to do or where to go thats why until now, im still working there.
You can either sacrifice for not being paid extra hours or report them here.
http://www.informalberta.ca/public/service/serviceProfileStyled.do?serviceQueryId=1026503
I presumed you are applying under employer-driven, if you report them to TFW helpline, you may jeopardize your nomination, these exploitive employers hold you on the neck because the nomination is dependent on them, so it's your choice.
You may wait for the nomination first and file your PR application and do a necessary action.
All the best.

mims2000

Sep 6, 2012
goldbank said:
You can either sacrifice for not being paid extra hours or report them here.
http://www.informalberta.ca/public/service/serviceProfileStyled.do?serviceQueryId=1026503
I presumed you are applying under employer-driven, if you report them to TFW helpline, you may jeopardize your nomination, these exploitive employers hold you on the neck because the nomination is dependent on them, so it's your choice.
You may wait for the nomination first and file your PR application and do a necessary action.
All the best.

does that mean i can switch employer after i passed my documents to CIC and i dont have to wait for the PR itself? i really wanted to look for another job, im no longer happy and i get a lot of stress from my manager. thanks

immigrationaspirant

Oct 29, 2013
You have two options, one get another job and risk being not detected by your provincial scanner. I will not recommend this. Second option is you switch to another employer - inform your nomination officer and get your potential employer to sponsor you for the nominee. If you have been nominated under the employer driven nominee then you have to notify them about a switch. They will check if this new employer meets all the standards and then they should be fine.

Or else just wait for your PR visa.

Rufus999

Mar 19, 2014
I am in same boat as you.Its been a month I have given my medicals and I quit my job and I applied PR through PNP.I came to know after reading posts in this forum that, the only way PNP knows tht we quit job is when employer let them know tht we quit.
Is there any other way that PNP knows whether we quit or not?

goldbank

May 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 3,2014
Doc's Request.
August 1,2014
AOR Received.
March 6, 2014
Med's Request
March 6, 2014
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
in Canada Sept 2012
mims2000 said:
does that mean i can switch employer after i passed my documents to CIC and i dont have to wait for the PR itself? i really wanted to look for another job, im no longer happy and i get a lot of stress from my manager. thanks
It all boils down to informing the province that nominted you about your current employment status while your PR is being processed.
One thing to consider is if you are under employer-driven stream and you resign from your current job, it may happen that the province will cancel your nomination as you and your employer applied together for your nomination.
Under AINP, the officer told me that in whatever stream you were nominated, and there is a change in your employment status its imperative to inform them since CIC might do questions about the nominee while the PR application is under process.

mims2000

Sep 6, 2012
thanks for answering guys.

i just want to hear ur thoughts, im really having a dilemma with my job right now. my manager is giving me a hard time and this week, she gave me 22 hours only. im scared that it might affect my application if the cic sees my paycheck if i pass the requirements. what shall i do? im having a second thought of reporting them as it may jeopardize my application but they are not really being fair now. in my contract it is supposed to be 40 hours. im a full time and our part time gets 27 hours.

thanks again in advance