Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2011
LANDED..........
17-03-2011
Does anyone have experience with the Embassy in Lima, Peru as far as getting a tourist visa??

The Lima embassy is responsible for Bolivia as well. I was just informed that an immigration officer only visited the Canadian consulate in Bolivia once last year to do visa interviews, and has no plans to do so yet this year.

It will cost my finace LOTS of time and money to get to Lima if they request an interview...but i guess he won't have a choice.

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this Embassy that they could share?

Do you think they would just not bother calling him for an interview if they had doubts and simply refuse?

thanks

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have applied in Lima Embassy. My application is not at this stage that i can tell you any experience about Interview, anyhow... i know 2 applicants they got work permits , one was nany and other i think went as hotel waiter and both i know passed a Interview. Are you sponsring Him/Her? its may deffer your case, so not sure what to say. Just wait and let see, by they way... from which city he/she is from? I couldnt see its like too expensive, bolivia is cheapest country in whole South America, but depends, if he/she wanna Air Travel or by bus, while road is chaper and its not long way too. Good luck

campesinaj

Star Member
Jan 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima, Peru
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2010
AOR Received.
29-06-2010 In Process in Lima
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2011
LANDED..........
17-03-2011
yes Bolivia is the cheapest country to live in, but not to travel. it costs hundreds of dollars to fly to Lima or it takes almost 2 days by bus. so you can see that it's very inconvenient to get to Lima. (we live in Coch). obviously my finace will go if they request the interview, since there isn't much choice.

yes, my parents are writing the letter of invitation for the holiday and we will stay with them, all expenses covered.

btw I'm a Canadian citizen born in Canada now living in Bolivia, so we just need the visa for my fiance.

I'm just wondering if anyone has dealt with this Embassy before or has gone through an interview there if they could share their advice or experience.

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did your finace got visa ? If you can share experinece of Interview etc, thats would be highly appreciated.