+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

eligibility to dependent visa for spouse who has been applied to PR from outside

brahmayya

Nov 25, 2013
Hi,

I have been working in Canada from past 2 years. I am planning to apply for Canadian PR under Canadian experience class (CEC). Recently 2 months back I got married and my wife still did not enter in Canada. Could I apply PR for both? NOW I have funding problem to support my wife. My doubt is after applying PR, in near future Whether my wife is eligible to apply dependent visa or not when the PR application is under processing?

OMNI

Jan 30, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To my knowledge you may not b able to apply for dependent visa if you go for PR.

You are eligible to apply PR to you and your Wife if you have fulfilled CEC requirements

Hope it helps....

brahmayya said:
Hi,

I have been working in Canada from past 2 years. I am planning to apply for Canadian PR under Canadian experience class (CEC). Recently 2 months back I got married and my wife still did not enter in Canada. Could I apply PR for both? NOW I have funding problem to support my wife. My doubt is after applying PR, in near future Whether my wife is eligible to apply dependent visa or not when the PR application is under processing?

Bhanavig

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
If you are married and you are applying PR then you mush add your spouse in the application otherwise it's false information to CIC and you will be in trouble in future.

Try to apply visitor dependent Visa for her and once you get it it apply PR.. Seniors please correct me if i'm wrong.

OMNI

Jan 30, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@BhanaVig You are right...

I did the same thing. Applied for Dependent Visa first which took abut 15- 20 days and then applied PR

Bhanavig said:
If you are married and you are applying PR then you mush add your spouse in the application otherwise it's false information to CIC and you will be in trouble in future.

Try to apply visitor dependent Visa for her and once you get it it apply PR.. Seniors please correct me if i'm wrong.

brahmayya

Nov 25, 2013
thank you for your information. The problem to apply dependent visa is now I don't have sufficient salary to support my wife. I can get full funding by February 2014.