+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility not started after 10 weeks

Mahdiloo

Jan 16, 2024
Hello there,

So I have submitted my application on the 2nd week of November 2023, and I have biometrics from a past visitor visa refusal. So, from the moment I submitted my application my background check started but eligibility review has not. Is it normal for the eligibility to not be started at all? is there a meaning of this situation?
Its for Study permit + SOWP of course
Winter 2024 Intake deferred to Fall 2024 and webformed them the new LOA
No follow ups done with IRCC at all.
Visa office = Ankara
Nationality Iranian.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello there,

So I have submitted my application on the 2nd week of November 2023, and I have biometrics from a past visitor visa refusal. So, from the moment I submitted my application my background check started but eligibility review has not. Is it normal for the eligibility to not be started at all? is there a meaning of this situation?
Visa office = Ankara
Nationality Iranian.
Are you living in Iran now? Have you lived in other countries? Background check can take many months, and eligibility may not start until background is completed. Assume you declared refusal and any refusals for all countries. Applying with SOWP may slow down study permit processing too as times for work permit is about 8 months. SOWP may be processed separately.

Mahdiloo

Jan 16, 2024
Are you living in Iran now? Have you lived in other countries? Background check can take many months, and eligibility may not start until background is completed. Assume you declared refusal and any refusals for all countries. Applying with SOWP may slow down study permit processing too as times for work permit is about 8 months. SOWP may be processed separately.
Hello
Thank you for your response.
Yes I am living in Iran and I have never lived in any other country before. Moreover, with regards to refusals from other countries, I have none. In your experience, SP + SOWP applications take how many months to receive a decision?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello
Thank you for your response.
Yes I am living in Iran and I have never lived in any other country before. Moreover, with regards to refusals from other countries, I have none. In your experience, SP + SOWP applications take how many months to receive a decision?
No one can tell you timelines. Will depending on time for background checks and the time for eligibility. Study permits can be anywhere from 9 weeks to many months. Work permits are around 32 weeks.

Osama10abdo

Star Member
Apr 19, 2023
Hello there,

Visa office = Ankara
Nationality Iranian.
Hey
Any update at ur case ?

Mahdiloo

Jan 16, 2024
Hey
Any update at ur case ?
Hello,
I submitted on Nov 2023 for SP + SOWP.
On 30 March 2024 I was asked for Brief CV and Supplementary information and I uploaded these documents on 3 April 2024
Nothing since then...
It shows documents uploaded on the main account.
Eligibility started on the same day that I was asked.
BG in progress since the very first moment
Thanks

Mahdiloo

Jan 16, 2024
Hi! I can’t find a specific data point for eligibility on this tracker but there seems to be a WhatsApp group for other people who applied linked to it and there’s a few dozen study permit cases logged which you can reference for general timelines: https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/study-permit-tracker

It looks like it’s normal to still be waiting even if you submitted an application 2-3 months ago.
Hello thanks for your info.
I guess my application has just started to be reviewed after 5 months, and I do not think there is any specific data points on my tracker neither. The fact that I have been asked for brief CV and supplementary information, my profile is going to be check for necessary SS. Hope they check everything they want but fast..