+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility & choice btwn Msc in Computer Science V/S Msc in Applied Computing

Prashant.Roh

Oct 11, 2012
Hello friends am new to this forum so please co-operate if i go wrong some where, i have some questions to ask here and any inputs will be really appreciated.

My first question is about my Eligibility

1. Done B.E fom Mumbai University Overall Aggregate 62.4 % and 67% in final year ( I dont know Which one is considered Overall FirstClass)
2. I am right now working in a Top indian IT company as a Software Engineer (JEE & J2SE), i will be Giving in my papers once i am done with total 2 years of Experience (which is going to happen very soon)
3.IELTS -7.5

(i am planning to apply in University of Toronto- what are my chances ?
Any other Qualification required other than mentioned above for UofT ?
and any other good Universitys for the qualification i have)

My Second Question is about the choice of Program actually its a doubt instead

I am confused between the choice of program, two programs are offered one is Msc in Computer Science and Msc in Applied Computing.
which one is better and whats the major difference

sachinmrt11

Oct 7, 2012
Hello Prashant How are you?
I am Sachin i also have done B-tech in ECE and i have overall 62% and in last year 68% marks hehehe almost same as you. I have teaching expereince and i have some research papers published in the field of Antenna at national and international level.
I also want to purse MSc in electrical and computer engineering from any university of canada but i dont know about my chances in getting admission.
i do not know how to apply and i can not apply in every university because every university has application fees atleast 100 CAD.?
So lots of question to ask?
did you contact to any university regarding this?

sachinmrt11

Oct 7, 2012
i would say that check your course and check the subject what they offering? both master degrees are fine because they are degrees not like any diploma.